Years ago

When farley goes? who would be the new import?

Who will be the new import to replace Willie for either the rest of the season or next season.. any suggestions.. from America's colleges....? who are the free American agents in the NBL for next season???suggestions every 1

Topic #10095 | Report this topic

oracle  
Years ago

the guy from washington that jumped over the duke player's head at full speed to dunk the ball recently

Reply #115491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any chances these guys will come to Adelaide?

Chris Williams
Jayson Wells
Carlos Powell

Reply #115492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No

Reply #115494 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Let me guess...

Charles Thomas?

wait... not a time for unfunny jokes.

Reply #115512 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i would like wells

Reply #115513 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Wells has been trying to get to Adelaide for years....he would be almost to old now to be a huge impact player.

Groves wants in, thats my bet. Put Maher back to the 2 guard spot.

Reply #115525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BS nino if we had both cortez and brett, cortez would be the one playin SG.

Reply #115531 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

if i had to chosse a guy already in the league i'd be chasin Rosell and go for a lineup like this:

PG: Maher (or some replacement if he leaves i guess)
SG: Ninja
SF: Rosell
PF: Horvath
C: Schenscher (still hoping)

think we should chase pero vasiljevic aswell.

Reply #115533 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I would go after Wells, and he is only like 31 so would still have a few good years in him, and if he wants in as rumoured that should be a good match, i also would love to see Dave Thomas as a 36er and Cortez would also be awesome!! if you could get it done i wouldnt mind seeing Dave Thomas and Jay Wells as our import pairing. Both can play anything from SG-PF so if we could also get another good guard like a Mee or Newley or give Brad Hill a chance in the guard spot, i reckon that would give us a good mix!!

Reply #115536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Derek Moore to replace Nash

Reply #115540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about these guys?

Derek Moore
Kevin Freeman
Adam Ballinger

Any chance of Foreman and/or Holmes returning? They can replace Nash and Copeland

Reply #115544 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

yea Derek Moore would be a great pick up!! if we could pull together a team of
C Moore or Schenscher
PF Wells
Sf Dave Thomas or similar import
SG Newley or another Aussie star, maybe Saville??? and move DT to SG or promote Brad Hill
PG Maher
Probably unlikely but we can dream!!

Reply #115546 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Man I don't care if Cortez plays Power forward and Maher is the centre...AS LONG AS WE HAVE A WINNING SEASON! No BS about that!

Ellis is a good import, tough mentality etc but is he perhaps a little undersized for what we need in a 'big man'.

Schench would be a dream come true!!!

Reply #115550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how about Kobe Bryant?

Reply #115555 | Report this post

Years ago

hah! impossible unless we sign him away from the Lakers for more than 30 milllion dollars! lol impossible.....

Reply #115559 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

we could offer him $30 plus the joy of living in adelaide....heck we may even be able to throw in a slab of coopers pale.

Reply #115599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whats all the talk of newley, hes going to the nba!!! I would love to see abney or cortez groves in adelaide colours.

Reply #115601 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Of the guards in the league, Cortez Groves would be the one to chase, you'd think. Can offer some highlights, can play either guard spot if required, etc. Just need to remember what happened last time we took one of the Hawks' guards!

Reply #115604 | Report this post

Vin Baker

Reply #115620 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Shawn Kemp.

Reply #115621 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

lol stop with the list of former Sonic failures - someone might mention Jim McLvaine, and that would bring on convulsions.

Reply #115624 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Penny Hardaway...seeings as the Dragons didnt sign him.

Reply #115626 | Report this post

How About Xavier McDaniel?

Benoit Benjamin?

Reply #115650 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

Steve Scheffler anyone?

Reply #115654 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Hey, there was nothing wrong with the XMAN!

Benoit Benjamin on the other hand.. reminds me of Ervin "tragic" Johnson.. who reminds me of Rich King.. who reminds me of Vladimir Stepania..

And the list goes on.

Reply #115655 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Hey every team needs a Steve Scheffler type. Its just that usually they sweep the floors or hand out drinks.

Reply #115656 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

The Sonics pretty much went downhill when they got rid of Ruben Wolkowyski.

Reply #115657 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

I think they really went imploded after managemnt gave Jim Mac that at the time huge contract 7yrs 35 million after averaging 3.5pts and 2blocks per game or thereabouts with Washington, team chemistry was destroyed and Shawn Kemp who was really coming into his own mentally quit on the team and took to hitting every bar in Seattle.

Reply #115659 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

along with 'hitting' every woman in the northwest..

Reply #115661 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

"Steve Scheffler"

Isn't that the wanker in American Pie?

Reply #115666 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Looking at the above lists of names, it must be the case that Dwayne Schnitzus and Brad Lohaus played for the Sonics at one time or another.... remember Greg "Cadillac" Anderson? Cheezeburger would. The guy airballed two free throws in a row once. I believe he was the starting PF that year for the Hawks.

Reply #115669 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

No, the American Pie guy is Stve Stiffler, Steve Scheffler was on Seattle's bench for the 96'finals , he was a bench hack that was all hustle and when he came into the game some of the crowd that were dressed up as chef's went crazy.

Reply #115671 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

BTW Cadillac Anderson got caught trying to sell norti things to the FBI in an undercover sting.

Reply #115672 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Thankfully Dwayne Schnitzus and Brad Lohaus didnt play for the Sonics. Unfortunately I cant say the same for Pervis Ellison, Sherrell Ford, Olden Polynice and John Crotty

Reply #115679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Detlef Schrempf (spelling)

Reply #115707 | Report this post

The Worm  
Years ago

Frank Brickowski!!!

Reply #115712 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

They were both good and loyal sonic servants.. dont lump them in the same boat as Jelani McCoy and Calvin Booth!

Reply #115718 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:26 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754