Ben Fitz
Years ago

Locked: Sneaker Display on at Victorian Museum

Managed to check this out whilst in Melb this week. Very good display and cross section of sneakers from manufacturers and private colletors.

http://www.ngv.vic.gov.au/sneakers/all/

Topic #10176 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

While you were away, you missed a travelling exhibition of Red Bull fridges and motor sports shrapnel.

Love these:

102 :: Nike Zvezdochka
Created by famous designer Marc Newson while working at the Russian Space Institute he was inspired while looking at pictures of astronauts who jumped with special socks on the walls of their space ships for exercise. The name Zvezdochka comes from the fifth Russian dog that was launched into space.
Only pair from that page that I can remember having were #164 (Air Jordan V).

I'm sure everyone has a sneaker-crazy friend (watch for Nino on this forum) who within a fraction of a second of entering a stadium will say something like "(player) is wearing (brand) (model), low-cut re-release. $245. Poor ankle support, terrible for basketball. Popular shoe though."

Reply #116551 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Also missed a Rossi exhibition with heaps of authentic signed stuff.....

Reply #116575 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Yeah Isaac, took the words right out of my mouth! Whilst imagination has turned sneakers into a pure form of art, you can't EVER go past any of the Jordan's. So many reasons, but maybe 1 subtle one being the fact that besides the Jordan 1, no other Jordan has had the Nike swoosh on the side of the shoe.

OOH just makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside!

Reply #116594 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:07 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754