Nick
Years ago

36ers  who to keep and who to dump

Who do you think should be kept for next season and who do you think should be shown the door. This is what I reckon:

Keep:

Sutton
Maher
Copeland
Dodman
Ng
Farley
Horvath
Hill

Dump:

Cooper
Majstrovich
Wheeler (if he hasn't already retired)
Nash
Timmons

Topic #10342 | Report this topic

Chewy316  
Years ago

I'd keep...

Maher
Copeland
Horvath
Farley
AJ
Sutton
Hill
Dodman

Dump...
Nash
Ng
Timmons
Wheeler

Sign...
Schensher
Saville
Kerston

Reply #118848 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Who I think should be dumped :

tools who cant read a forum list and start new threads when there are already bucketloads of the same!

Reply #118849 | Report this post

Brian Fantanna  
Years ago

I'm not going to be like with this list

Who to Keep
Nash - Contract
Cooper
Sutton
Dodman - Development
Burdon - Development
Copeland - 1 more year

Who to Dump
Maher
Farley
Horvath
Timmons
Wheeler
Ng
Hill
Majstrovich

Players to get
Damien Ryan - Starting SG
Brad Newley - Starting SF
Cortez Groves - Starting PG*
Daniel Egan - BackUp PF
Ben Melmeth - Starting C
Jawad Williams - Starting PF*

Reply #118855 | Report this post

Brian Fantanna  
Years ago

Yogee

This is a forum where people can start topic and say what their opinion is. Stop trying to be the fun-police

Reply #118857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yer guys if u didnt already no nash has been signed. disapointment i no

Reply #118859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

enough with all the newley business. HE IS GOING TO THE NBA.

Reply #118866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he is not going to the nba, but he will go to europe or gold coast

Reply #118872 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I would definatley keep Maher, Hill, Sutton, Cooper, at the right price and if no better option available i would consider keeping Ng, Majstro and Copeland to come off the bench. I personally wouldnt mind seeing Farley back, if they are looking for a import guard i would keep him, but the imports probably will depend on what aussies we can get. Prime targets would be Mee, Newley (if he doesnt get a NBA gig), Cattalini (he is under contract, but so was CJ when he went from Sydney to Brisbane so it may be able to be done), Saville and also guys like Bradtke, Hoare, Rush, Egan, Boodnikoff, Derek Moore and Ryan should also be looked at if we miss out on some of the others

Reply #118878 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Hey Brian Fantana, are your eyes painted on?
Did I ever say not to post?? NO

I just said tools who cant read a thread list and post in threads already started with the same topic (and almost identical topic heading) should be dumped!

Reply #118880 | Report this post

MS  
Years ago

Having a bad day Yogee?

we could probably winge about all your posts as being overly defensive on the whole annoying! (with a few exceptions)

Maybe you should be dumped!

Reply #118887 | Report this post

raytri  
Years ago

sorry, much as I like Mee, after seeing him last night he is in the wrong age bracket and has an injury.
Don't want to go down that path again

Reply #118888 | Report this post

raytri  
Years ago

We need an import centre and an import power forward, more effective bigs

Reply #118889 | Report this post

TK  
Years ago

Brad Newley, if he plays in Australia, will end up where Ian Stacker goes as a coach (if he gets and NBL job). Its going to be tough for him to go first round of the NBA draft, its absolutely stacked with quality college players.

Reply #118896 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Whats the tip of where Newley would go if Stacker doesnt have a NBL gig??? Will he stay in Townsville?? would he consider playing for Smyth??? does anyone know

Reply #118900 | Report this post

Richmond Oilers  
Years ago

Get Carlos Powell!!!

Reply #118906 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I'd like to keep:

Sutton, Horvath and Hill

and build a team around them.

Reply #118913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damien ryan has said he will remainwith the wildcats if no europian deal comes up.

Reply #118966 | Report this post

TK  
Years ago

Jonno, if I had to have an educated guess on Newley it would be that he works his butt off during the off season then go over to the US. The big question for him will be wether to play in the International draft camp or just go to individual workouts. A very good game in the draft camp will probably put him in the bottom end of the first round.

If he goes second round he will then play the summer league and make his way through the cutting process and last man standing will get a contract.

After this if he doesn't get a contract he will either play the, development league (small dollars) but will be seen buy NBA team with his draft and may get a call up, or go for the big Euro dollars or come back to the NBL.

Reply #118979 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:34 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754