DB5
Years ago

J.Kidd

With Jason Kidd accumulating yet another triple double in the last couple of games, this takes his total for the year to 10, and his career total to 85! 3rd all time.. This got me thinking, why does Nash get so much more press these days?? Comparing stats over the last 3 seasons Nash has averaged 19, 3 and 11 this year, 18, 4 and 10 (MVP) and 15, 3 and 11 (MVP). In the same period J.Kidd: 14, 8 and 9 this year, 13, 7 and 8 last year and 14, 7 and 8 the year before.
If you had Phoenix's roster, and a choice between the 2 PG's who would you have?

Topic #10631 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jason all the way. He can play at both ends of the court and will help out with the boards alot more than nash

Reply #122796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

more talk on nash cos he it leading his team to the playoffs with a great record. Kidd not getting muich attention cos his team is really struggling

Reply #122797 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Nash seems to be the more open and cleancut player, would be more of a figurehead for the Suns than Kidd would be IMO. Kidd has had some off court dramas previously that could sway any teams decision to choose Nash

Reply #122807 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Jason Kidd for sure

New Jersey are struggling thru injuries

Lets see Nash without Amare and Marion, and see what the Suns achieve

Reply #122808 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

He didnt have Amare all last year and still managed to make the conference finals!!

Reply #122813 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

When the Nets went to the finals (twice), he was getting plenty of press. Thing is Nash is a flat out winner. Triple doubles don't look as good when your team still loses the game! I like both, and believe its a shame Kidd's talent is being wasted in NJ. But I'd still take Nash, he is making it look easy in the West.

Reply #122814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

one thing your forgeting is the players field goal % i dont have the stats but just from watching both play Nash is a much better shooter from outside. during NJ games at times Kidd looks very shakey from the field.

during most Pheonix games Nash will shoot above 50% which is ridiculous for a guard when most are from beyond the perimetre

Reply #122831 | Report this post

Nash suits the phoenix system far better. So Kidd can play marginally better defense, and can grab boards. Nash is superior offensively (better passer, floor general, shoots at a higher %)

Oh, and if my centres were Collins and Krystic, i'd try and grab some boards too... Suns have 2 guys getting 10 boards a game. Why does Nash need to get them

Reply #122846 | Report this post

Rodney Carney  
Years ago

One of the questions those sports casters always ask to judge the value of a player is whether or not he makes the players around him better. If you look at Phoenix's win - loss ratio with and then without Nash then you can see his value to the suns. Kidd gets awesome numbers but consider the fact that his nets are struggling dispite a roster that includes RJ and VC

Reply #122852 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I think it's a no brainer. If you look at the Suns this season with a healthy they're virtually unbeatable (Mavs perhaps), I just can't see how they could be any better with Kidd running the point. Nash compliments and leads his team as well as it can possibly be done, so if I had the rest of the roster and the choice between the two I'd take Nash in a heartbeat.

Reply #122860 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Nash for me too - it's all about the percentages.

Reply #122864 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Career Kidd: 40% FG 33% 3pt 2.0 Steals

Nash 48% FG 42% 3pt 0.8 Steals.

I personally would prefer Kidd because he plays defense, and I wish he was out of NJ, somewhere like LA (either team) or Minnesota.
It is a tough choice between the 2 when you break down the numbers.

Reply #122891 | Report this post

davo  
Years ago

people keep pointing to nash being more "valuable" to the suns than kidd is to the nets, but didnt the mavs actually get better once nash left? granted, there are other variables that must also be considered, but remember when kidd and starbury got traded for each other? the nets suddenly got much better, whereas the suns suddenly got much worse.
i'll take kidd.

Reply #122913 | Report this post

Didnt phoenix get better? about 33 wins better?

Reply #123018 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

davo, the question was which PG would we prefer if we had the current Suns squad, not who we would prefer if we had the Mavs squad in Nash's final year there. And ELG is right, the Suns got a lot better when Nash joined, not "much worse".

Reply #123122 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Suns record 03/04 without Nash: 29-53

Suns record 04/05 with Nash: 62-20

Not sure who you're thinking of davo but you're clearly getting the Suns confused with another team.

Reply #123123 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:49 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754