Dandyman
Years ago

Norwood Easter Carnival

Is my mail correct ?

Why are not the top Vic clubs coming over this year ?

Is it because sturt might not be entered or paid up as yet because they are going elsewhere ?

I know our club (outer suburbs) are not coming and that Melbourne Tigers although enetered are now reconsidering in a number of age groups.

If anyone can enlighten that would be good as it is only a month away

Topic #10632 | Report this topic

In the Know  
Years ago

Another bullshit rumour!

Reply #122810 | Report this post

victorian  
Years ago

U a norwood man in the know ?

Or just another ignorant ....

Reply #122821 | Report this post

Team Manager  
Years ago

Sturt will be putting in teams - I think the communication to Sturt TM's may have been incorrect and TM's from Sturt have information that they have another 2 weeks to put in nominations. They will definitely put in teams but some are only organising now.

Reply #122826 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Spoke to Paul Simpson Melbourne u/14 girls coach.
They are coming...don't spread crap!!!

Reply #122827 | Report this post

Hillbilly  
Years ago

Who's going to horsham then ?

Reply #122829 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

What stadium is gonna be used instead of Pasadena as it won't be fixed will it ?

Reply #122830 | Report this post

Moi!  
Years ago

Not me! Whats at Horsham? Besides backdrop of the Grampians? in the words of that infamous redhead - please explain?

Reply #122832 | Report this post

Dandyman  
Years ago

Dr Damage

Touchy.... touchy.... touchy

Was only asking as I heard on the grape vine - Dandenong and some other regulars are not coming.

We are looking forward to weekend off although we do enjoy playing sturt.

Maybe Horsham ?

Reply #122834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who cares Dandyman. Enjoy the weekend off. Typical of Victorians, think the world revolved around them. If Sturt were not going in Norwoods Carnival then they would be having the weekend off.

Reply #122838 | Report this post

bagwan  
Years ago

sturt nomination flyers given to managers says must be in by 9th March. so let's see next week how many sturt teams nominate.

Q - Westminster instead of pasadena?

Reply #122841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Sturt are waiting for a reduction in nomination fee???????

Reply #122866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood is the only club that knows how to run a descent tournament in SA. Sturt couldn't do it. Get off your butts and nominate some teams!

Reply #122880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ahhh, that's the way to get Sturt to nominate in your carnival - bag them!!

Reply #122886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At the end of the day sturt will nominate their teams as they always do.

Reply #122890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

122880, If it wasn't for Sturt you guys carnival numbers would half. Decent carnival because of local support. Don't forget that!

Reply #122902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now truth I have heard is that New Zealand may want to send couple of teams?? We'll see next week hey?

Reply #122904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that a challenge to Sturt to tackle the Easter Carnival? I will talk to the right people and see if we can do it better. I know who would win.

Reply #122916 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

This original post is trying to inform us that someone from Dandenong (Even locals call it the dregs of Melbourne) thinks that Basketball wise, the sun shines out of its ring. That any tournament is only as good as the number of teams from the nong that attend.

To this, I rely .... Travel!!!!!!

Reply #122924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood know how to run a good carnival....so they put it at easter, a family time and clubs demand you play. Sooner its canned the better!

Reply #122953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My mail is that F/ville will not be entering any U16 girls for the easter carni.

Can anyone confirm this?

Reply #123021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No issues with how the carnival is run but it has to go as its the worst date of all the carnivals in Australia.

Reply #123042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree 123042.

Its a good carnival.....date needs to be changed.

Easter should be put aside as a family day. You cant do that with two - three games of ball a day.

Done it once, enjoyed it, but never again. Family first.

Reply #123047 | Report this post

victorian  
Years ago

sween my man - took a while to catch the mackrel. Take the chip off your shoulder - we have just nicknamed you crayfish !!!!!

Body full of meat, head full of s..t.....

We have no doubt that sturt would run a better tourney. What is the name of that old duck from norwood that runs the show ? She's good value.

Reply #123070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree! Easter time sucks. Voted against it last year but the coach still nominated teams and then pressured people in to going.

Worst easter break I have ever had.

Never again

Reply #123087 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

Fish and Chips. Cool. I have no association with Norwood or any other Basketball club. No axe to grind.

Reply #123141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Funny how the teams that generally enter the carnival - Norwood, Sturt, West (boys) - usually end up doing pretty well at State Champs...... coincidence??

Reply #123200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The rumor that many victorian teams will not be attending was heard during the Eltham tournament from various coaches in a number of Melbourne Teams (U16 Boys seem to be where it stemmed from)

Reply #123214 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Just looked at the Norwood Classic Webpage - 22 Sturt teams and many top Victorian teams and even a teams from New Zealnd in 16 boys and 16 girls!

Reply #123568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They don't celebrate Easter in NZ.

Reply #123574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and we don't get the chance to celebrate it here either!

Reply #123575 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

#123575 - I am sure that no-one is actually forcing you to play B/Ball at Easter if they are why dont you share the circumstances with us on here - At our Club those that are available play and those that aren't dont - simple as that really.

Reply #123577 | Report this post

been around  
Years ago

it is one of the better carnivals - I do not know why you bag it

Reply #123582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, it is a well run but it is the worst date carnival in Oz. You're dreaming anon if you think you have options to decline playing when your team nominates and if as you say at your club its okay not to play, how many don't?

Reply #123584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no U20 grade...... seems the least amount of teams have entered this year, there isn't that many teams.

Reply #123585 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Sorry not dreaming - know for a fact - we mainly run with 9 kids in teams - know of lots that aren't playing due to going away or whatever - but not everybody goes away and you can bring kids up from other divisions that wish to play. Those kids are grateful for the opportunity to play in a higher division. Some clubs have 2 teams in some divisons and enter one - so it gives players/parents the choice. Obviously your Club isnt as accommodating for whatever reason.

Reply #123587 | Report this post

outsider  
Years ago

(#123587 know of lots that aren't playing due to going away or whatever - but not everybody goes away and you can bring kids up from other divisions that wish to play)

Does that mean that the teams that do play are created for that tournament and are not the usual team?

Just wondering that's all...

Reply #123633 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Not really - you will find that you would have generally 6 from a team of 9 that would play if someone moves from another team accross or up they would generally not be in starting five - so the team is not created as such the main players do tend to be in the team - but if one or two cant make it - it is really no big deal - and the kids that fill in might be on the cusp of getting into that division or have been roating up into that division during summer.

Reply #123634 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Not really - you will find that you would have generally 6 from a team of 9 that would play if someone moves from another team accross or up they would generally not be in starting five - so the team is not created as such the main players do tend to be in the team - but if one or two cant make it - it is really no big deal - and the kids that fill in might be on the cusp of getting into that division or have been roating up into that division during summer.

Reply #123635 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Sorry guys for double enter - was interuppted by 12 year old

Reply #123636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are there any photos of the carnival on the internet?

If so whats the website?

Reply #129271 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:21 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754