sterling
Years ago

Best Spreads After The Game

This is to recognise the best hosts in the league in terms of the after game meal and awards etc. Can only go after what I've seen over the years after the mens games.

1.Southern- if you feel like a good home cooked meal, Morphett Vale is the place to be.

2.Forestville- From Villis pies, to pizza, to cake platters....these guys know how to put on a spread. Unlucky not to be no.1. And with a massage for one of the rewards....classy.

3.Eastern-the long drive is worth the wait, win or loose, at least you leave full and satisfied. Good variety too.

4. West- Not as good this year to previous years, but generaly rate pretty highly. pity the company isn't the best. For a bunch of scubbers, they are pretty snobby.

5.Centrals- Pizza. Better than nothing. Home team tends to hog the food a bit.....guess they get hungry down that way.Wine as rewards.

6.South-Pizza. Lower than Centrals because they don't have awards. Never too many awards for the South players.

7.Woodville- Small plates of pies and sausage rolls. Drink vouchers and awards. Think they could better.

8.Norwood- Pathetic really. Savoury food only. No awards from memory. 600ml bottles of drink....which had to be shared.

9. Sturt- NOTHING. WHAT A JOKE.

10.North Adelaide- no wonder they don't hang around for after game functiona at other stadiums....they are not used to having one of their own. PATHETIC.For such a proud club, they host like they appear....poor!
Not only is there no food, think someone got electricuted while having a post game shower there once. Lift your game North.....your better than that.

Remember teams........your only as good as your last spread.

Topic #107 | Report this topic

ball junkie  
Years ago

obviously havent eaten at sturt lately big fella, pizza is available, with some cakes and drinks.

Reply #771 | Report this post

team 1  
Years ago

this years team maher(c), darren,jason,farley,nash, jacob,oscar,brad williams,dusty,rees. hambour, puddifoot. training sutton,benson,bungey,gerlach,ingles plus dan thompson is knee is good to go.

Reply #772 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sturt bring in pizzas and also give out a bottle of Coriole wine to the MVP of each team.

Last time I was down at MV, they had a BBQ out front. Sausages and bread at very affordable prices (almost criminally low!), served by friendly staff freezing their butts off out there. Much appreciated.

Reply #781 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Team 1 - I thought someone said that Ingles didn't get a letter.

Reply #782 | Report this post

x factor  
Years ago

I know that I have never seen food after a Sturt game.......good to see that they have changed their ways!

Reply #788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Issac,

your compliments to the Southern Tigers Parents and Supporters has been passed on via a group email.

Only a small thing but when it comes to volunteers a kind word is never out of place.

Reply #810 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

The Tigers are the best hosts by far! Great spread!
Plus, I get to have a nibble after the game too!

Bags...Grab a plate and eat up!

Reply #853 | Report this post

Harry Highpants  
Years ago

I have been in this league for a long time, spreads results are as follows.

Mavs great, but better when the gym was a bar. awards are good.

Eagles always high standard, awards are good

Sturt, have finally brought back the pizza and yes the wine is a goood touch.

Warriors, yes food could be better, awards are good. Whitmore trying to be funny is worth the visit, same jokes every week, win or lose.

South, foood does exist but you eat by yourself because the Panthers are still in the locker room getting yelled at.

West used to be alot better in that big room at the back, awards have gone missing, Bob is busy sacking players to give any out.

North very sad no food no awards, no heart.

Norwood, very plain but at 100% better than north.

Centrals, pizza is safe and the awards are always there.

North, sad, pull ya head in.

Tigers, always a class act, awards always, probably the first ones to give awards. get into the food before Adam Peck eats it all.

North, even the fruit bun put on by the Adel Southern was better than the poor effort pput in by the Rockets, you used to have the cold left over BBQ with plain water Ah those were the days.

Reply #861 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

Reply #901 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

Whoops!! Sorry about the above post

Rating the spreads:

Mavs - Have been good for the last 5 years.

Norwood - Not sure the fruit bun is a good after game meal, but it sure tastes good. 500ml bottles to share between players is a bit cheap ass.

Eagles - usually go with the reliable pizzas, bar is a bit small to accomodate all the players

Southern - Big turn out, good food

West - Used to be real good, lost it a bit this season

Sturt - Apparantly good but opposition is gone before the pizzas come. Word is the late night cleaners enjoy the pizza.

South - Pizzas, nothing flash, I agree with Harry, the South players don't show up. Maybe it takes a while to walk from one side of their HUGE changeroom to the door.

Woodville - Party pies and pasties. Make sure you get up their before Greg and Zanes homies eat all the food. Best MC in the comp in Scott Whitmore. That guy is going places after he retires! Do yourself a favour and get up to the function to hear him speak at the semi-final. It will be well worth the trip.

North - No show. With all the money they rack in from player transfers you'd think they would have enough to get a few subs from down the road. Pretty disappointing considering all other teams put some food on.

Centrals - Pizza, big room is good. Doing OK down there.

Reply #902 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What, then, is the ideal after-game set of food and drinks, obviously being practical and within reason?

Reply #912 | Report this post

solid gold  
Years ago

hey north you are copping a belting has anyone out Hillcrest way got a response to your spreadless hospitality (or lack their of)

Reply #918 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

The Ultimate spread!
Well that is a very objective question.
But I think:
Marinated chicken pices
Salads
Fresh Bread
Rissoles and Sausages
Mini Pies and Pasties
and
Fruit

Any thing prepared fresh is best!

Pizza is good but the major problem I have seen is that there is not usually enough.

Plenty-o-tasty food in that bag

Reply #919 | Report this post

Mr. Assist  
Years ago

It appears that cars aren't the only things to go missing from Hillcrest - Where are the spreads?

Reply #946 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:57 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754