cheezeburger
Years ago

36er player contracts

will anyone be able to find out how long each 36er player has on their contracts.whos signed up for how long.we should keep this team together.its going places.

Topic #1085 | Report this topic

as long as the team needs their dry cleaning done, Jason "the 7 year rookie" Williams will have a contract!

Reply #12017 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Contracts are very closely guarded secrets, as they should be. How about everyone who posts on here post their annual salary, and all the added benefits they get. And how much time they have to put in to get their pay packet.

Reply #12024 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Spot on Karma, "J-Will" (god I hate that) should only be pouring the gatorade and handing out towels...come to think of it, he should only be allowed to be one of those mop boys under the ring!

Reply #12030 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yogee, duration, not value!

Reply #12037 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Exactly - should probably read what people post before you go off on a ranting tangent.

Reply #12040 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

As far as duration...going from memory the following contracts expire this year :

Smyth, Breheny, Maher, Farley, Rychart, Holmes, Rees, Ng, Williams, Hambour, Gower, Nash

Pretty much leaving Oscar as the only ongoing contract.....I have a nagging feeling though either one of Rychart, Farley or Holmes may have actually signed a 2 year deal. Just cant recall at the moment.

Reply #12041 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

What good is a contract in the NBL? All you need is an offer from an international league and you can leave anyway!

Reply #12043 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Oscar has 2005/06 still to come. I think Rychart might have an option on a second year (remember reading something about it) but could be wrong.

Reply #12071 | Report this post

Regal Scooter  
Years ago

Yogee,

That's a valid point about contracts being closely guarded secrets (#12024), but at the same time I don't have people paying to come and watch me work, nor TV cameras beaming what I do at work around the country.

Virtually every other successful major professional sporting league releases contract details (NBA, NFL, etc). Even in the big soccer leagues around the world where there's no salary cap we know how many squillions Harry Kewell et al earn per week.

If, as a season ticket holder, you are plunking down your money to finance the club, you should be entitled to know where that money goes?

Reply #12078 | Report this post

incog  
Years ago

Valid point on one hand regal.

Lets face it compared to these sports the NBL players generate and are therefore paid next to nothing. Judging by the comments on this forum do these young men, who are paid relatively little need additional scrutiny by having their salaries released. I just dont think their incomes are there to warrent this kind of scrutiny.

Everyone knows roughly what the top players earn.

Reply #12079 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Storm in a tea-cup. It's been clarified that the original request was regarding the duration of contracts which, for the most part, are generally publically revealed.

As for the team make-up, we have 3 of the top 5 NBL scorers so far this season. Our main four scorers would probably be the strongest quartet in the league so far (solid challenge from the Razors? - Horvath, Dwight, Mackinnon, Trahair). And Paul Rees would be close to the most under-rated player in the league.

Even in his 5-point games, he still provides invaluable defense through size and experience.

Reply #12085 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:58 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754