123abc
Years ago

Sixers news on Luke, Ballinger & Newley

LUKE Schenscher will play in the NBL for the Adelaide 36ers. It just may not happen until his NBA career is over.

The 36ers also are close to signing 205cm Wollongong import Adam Ballinger, 27, and are in hot pursuit of Adelaide-born free agent Brad Newley.

Full article

This is great news! Hopefully Newley, Shenscher and Ballinger sign. Signing an import centre from NBDL monthly so they can sign Luke if he is free is a great idea!

Topic #10886 | Report this topic

Paul  
Years ago

Ballinger is washed. Not a good option at all.

Reply #126215 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Not a good option???
Because he showers?? Come on!

Reply #126216 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

If the 36ers do get Ballinger, I think they should lock him into the 3 spot, and go for someone like Rosell Ellis at the four, and we all hope Luke at the five.

Reply #126239 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Then Luke and/or Brad go overseas and what's your back-up plan given that you've burned both import spots?

Reply #126241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its a tough situation........if we dont get one of Schenscher or Newley(both make NBA or Europe) I think it is fair to say that we are stuffed!!

Reply #126242 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

not true anon..

Reply #126292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

rosell ellis is an awesome player, would be better value then ballinger IMO

Reply #126307 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I think if we get both Newley and Schenscher the line up could look something like this
C Schenscher/Cooper
PF Ballinger/Cooper/Tucker
SF Tucker/Hill/Newley
SG Newley/Hill/Ng/Maher
PG Maher/Davidson/Sutton

Which looks great, i have used tucker as the 2nd import as his name has been rumoured and i think a versatile import 3 man would be a good fit.

If we didnt get either Schenscher or Newley and were not able to pick up other quality Aussies such as Melmeth, Moore, Rush we may get stuck looking like this
C Cooper/?? Dodman or another Aussie centre
PF Ballinger/Tucker/?? Majstro
SF Tucker/Hill/?? Majstro
SG Maher/Hill/Ng
PG Davidson/Maher/Sutton
That team still could be an improvement on last years, but wouldnt be ideal, but i think we should sign 2 imports either way, probably both as forwards, as i think the 36ers style doesnt necesarily require a great centre and id rather use the import spot on a SF than a C assuming Ballinger is the other import.

Reply #126311 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Only problem is Nash has to come in as he has a contract.

Reply #126317 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

If they do keep Nash on the roster and honour his contract in my first preference roster he would probabaly have to take Hill or Ngs spot, unless they run with 1 import and on my other roster id put him in for Majstro or Dodman. Will be interesting to see if Nash is in uniform next season, he is doin pretty well in the SEABL i think

Reply #126332 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Is the owner of the Sixers allowed to say to Nash "We will fulfill your final years contract however you wont see any minutes this season! Otherwise you are allowed to terminate the contract and seek another team"??? or is that illegal and or just immoral? I would think it would be good business instead of just paying him out or worse yet letting him play :P

Anyone able to answer that?

Reply #126333 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Of course they can do that. No obligation to play him.

They can also pay out his contract and wave goodbye.

Often, what will happen is that a club will negotiate out of a final year by making a mid-level offer - player gets part of the full year, plus have that year now free to go earn money elsewhere.

But, I think a player paid-out and cut can be picked up by another team for minimum?

Reply #126337 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

or would one see nash move into another position in the club, could not think of a nicer person to do work with schools, kids or a front office face of the club type position

Reply #126359 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:09 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754