The1
Years ago

North take off at the Launch Pad

North showed its going to be tough to take down tonight with a 23 point win over forestville....

we have lift off houston!

Schueller nutting up all night... way too go coach!

Topic #10954 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Box score available here.

Reply #126998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone could coach that team to a win this year.

Reply #127008 | Report this post

knackers  
Years ago

Thank you for that insightful comment, oh brave anonymous poster.
It is much more than throwing out the ball at trainings regardless of your talent base.
I think you will find that the Rockets preparation which include scouting reports, watching video of their opposition, individual sessions etc. may also contribute to any success they may have this year.
Don' forget, I think all players except Rychart are North juniors, and regarding Dusty; well good recruiting is a major part of good coaching.
I think young, aspiring coaches should be applauded and encouraged, not continuely bagged by anonymous twats with no idea to the efforts put in on a day to day basis by the clubs involved.

Reply #127011 | Report this post

Axeman  
Years ago

A failure to launch by the womens team, dont you think?

Eagles women have looked average the last couple of weeks but turned it on last night.

Reply #127016 | Report this post

Hey if my best friend was an NBL player i'm sure he'd play for me as well. that's not recruiting. they have 4 players with NBL experience and 1 college player as their starting 5... all the coach would need to do is make subs and they would win.

Reply #127043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So just like Joey Wright in the NBL hey?

Sure its easier to coach with talent, but it is also hard to get that talent to gel, and even harder to keep people happy with the reduced minutes they are going to get.

Why oh why is adelaide basketball so full of haters! Its holding this state back in my opinion.

Reply #127051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree Shuller has been doing a great job from the time he took the role over. North have only made steps forward in all aspects of their program. The players love playing for him and are all willing to sacrifice for the group something that wouldnt have happened in the past and i think is a result of the coaching.
they play a great style and run a good system, i think the haters need to step aside and support those coaches doing well, much the same as Liam Flynn at Sturt deserves praise for the way his group is going. keep up the good work guys.

Reply #127054 | Report this post

Love the;  
Years ago

While not entirley agreeing with eastern lowland gorilla, I must say that having a signing of Dusty's caliber more than likley would not have happened if his mate was not the head coach.

You would have to say that this signing has surley encouraged other quality signings for this season.

Well done to north on the weekend & congrats on a recruiting bonanza. The true test of a coach is being able to maintain a team through out a long season. It's way to early to predict what will happen yet.

Reply #127098 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

To be quite honest, Dusty has agreed to play ABL because due to citizenship application he can't leave the country for more than 4 weeks. This means he is stuck here in Australia and may as well fill in his time playing in the ABL. His choice of team would have been decided by the fact that his friend is the coach, but even that would not have enticed him there if he had the opportunity to go home for 3 or 4 months or got a real contract overseas in the off season.

Reply #127242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At the end of the day who cares, its great for Adelaide basketball to have someone like Dusty playing here and congrats to Justin to bringing him into our league.
We should be enjoying watching him play not talking about why he is playing here.
Good luck North and i will continue to enjoy watching Dusty and the North boys play

Reply #127247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry, but from another teams point of view I HATE to see him in the league.

Reply #127366 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:53 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754