DrB
Years ago

McGregor named as Blaze's first signing

The Philips Championship's newest franchise, the Gold Coast Blaze, has added fuel to its fire with an agreement being reached on the inclusion of Scott McGregor as the first ever player for the National Basketball League team.

http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=4891

Topic #11019 | Report this topic

Annon  
Years ago

A good signing i believe. If rumors are true that they also have:

Harvey
Melmeth
Casey Frank
Pedro Cameron
Tyson Demos (AIS)
Daniel Joyce
Two Imports

They will be very competitive

Reply #127768 | Report this post

smitty12  
Years ago

where did u hear the rumours?!? i like...but that's the first i've heard of. Wouldnt even know Scotty Mac was going to be thought of..surprise to me.

Reply #127772 | Report this post

smitty12  
Years ago

i hope that the Blaze, Hawks & Slingers grab some of the exciting talent from the AIS and let the new generation coming through run the show as Newley and Ingles have done in recent years. i dont know about you; but it excites me to see a talented kid gven the opportunity - not just 0-15mins a game - and succeeding.

Dont rate Joyce jr either....heard from people over there from people he's played with, and seen him play, that he's not a worthy NBL player. But of course...his dad IS the coach. and he has a MIGHTY HOT sister. she's just a little young..about 15. HAHAHAHA. Look out for her on FHM in yrs to come...

Reply #127773 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

dirty boy smitty!

Reply #127775 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

You can view the rumors on the ozhoops! Under the Blaze thread

Reply #127776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

on transaction tracker on the nbl website it has joyce jr and casey frank signed up for the hawks.

Reply #127787 | Report this post

smitty12  
Years ago

haha DrB wait til u see her...IF u ever do. BLIMEY!! haha. trust me on it. haha. i'll see if i can get a pic from my sources..unless someone else can get one?!?

Also i never read the Ozhoops site...i reckon this one is enough for me. and keeps me updated on everythin i need to know within bball - well stuff that i actually care about.

Reply #127789 | Report this post

Stingray  
Years ago

Don;t rate scottie mc anymore.

Reply #127801 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

I think there is potential and Joyce is knowm to rebuild players who once were deemed had it. Pillon, Castle, Frank, Rampton, Ballinger wasnt wanted. So who knows what he can do with Scottie.

Reply #127805 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

In reference to Frank and Jnr Joyce, i believe in this day and age of sport players have get out clauses in there contracts. One such clause could be the coach??

Reply #127806 | Report this post

kc4mvp  
Years ago

Mcgregor,Joyce cameron etc they can have but Casey the HAwks need to keep. The $ will be there now BAlls and Sav are gone, if he goes to Blaze then tehy paid dearly for him

Reply #127813 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Not many winners on that supposed roster. Perhaps the Sixers shouldve played them first up...doubt that team will go far.

Reply #127834 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Smitty - mentioned those rumours on here a few weeks ago. I also think Macgregor could do OK under a different coach, but it's a risk.

And yes, players occasionally/often (unsure - just aware that it happens) have clauses that allow them to break a contract if there is a change in coach.

Reply #128147 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:37 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754