DrB
Years ago

Too many Yanks Coaching in the NBL?

Goorj, Fischer, Cooks, Wright and Westover are Yanks also there are many assistants too.

What's everyone view? Should we not be looking after australian born coaches? Ie Ninnis

Topic #11020 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

My view yes. However are these guys the best qualified for the job?

Compare Ninnis' coaching background and experience to Westovers or Goorj... Ninnis will get there soon but not yet.

Cooks is an interesting one though. Maybe Cooks and Fisher show loyalty to one club over the years will be returned if you want to be a coach.

Reply #127770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too many people calling Americans "Yanks"?

Reply #127774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I call them septic tanks!

Reply #127778 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I call them doodle dandys..

Reply #127780 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

I would like to see more Australians given a go but the results of Sydney, Perth, Melb and Brisbane would make you think about going American.

Reply #127784 | Report this post

TK  
Years ago

Strange I thought that they are all Australians. A little respect please!!

Reply #127804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DrB, you are clearly a pathetic racist.

Reply #127808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

racist? americans are white, aussies are white - wheres the racism?

Reply #127812 | Report this post

Met Ninnis a few times and played against his sturty6ers. Think he has a good basketball brain and could do well, however would like to see him show his wares coaching a team that doesn't have most of it's starting 5 in the same nbl program. I do agree with 127770 though, he will get there.

Reply #127814 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Its a business. Best guy for the job. Westover is one of the best character coaches around. All the Aussies are dead dicks!

Reply #127823 | Report this post

Mr Black  
Years ago

"racist? americans are white, aussies are white - wheres the racism?"

you are a genuine idiot

Reply #127854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If americans are coaching here, why dont those australian coaches go get jobs in america? they might learn some more over there and come back better.

Reply #127857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the Australian coaches are not good enough to coach in Australia, why would they be good enough to coach in America?

Reply #127868 | Report this post

---------  
Years ago

who really cares about there background u idiots. all that matters is if they are good and quilifyed for the job. (and im an aussie)

Reply #127893 | Report this post

David K  
Years ago

I think we should be getting more Greek coaches out here, Russian, Croation, Spanish as well. Not to mention, Brazilian, Argentinian. Anything else but Australian. Australia doesn't have good coaching programs, that's why you don't see many, apart from ex-players. At the junior level there is a lot of good coaches, unfortunately there is not that tier down from the NBL where they can get their experience.

Reply #128019 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

A "coach" academy? Could be a gig for L. Gaze, A. Hurley and L. Chizic (Spelling?)? Funding a sticky point but an excellent means of developing the sport in this country.

Reply #128175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good point sween!!!

Reply #128534 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:30 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754