Isaac
Years ago

Denver at San Antonio (spoilers)

Spurs take a hit at home going down 95-89 to the Nuggets.

Iverson 31, Melo 30 and 8, Hilario 13 and 12. Just six points from their bench.

Parker had 19/6/8, Duncan 14/10/7, Finely 15 points (no boards, no assists, no steals, no blocks!?), Manu just 9. Horry 14 was top scorer off the bench.

It's going to be one of a few interesting series this year.

Topic #11199 | Report this topic

123abc  
Years ago

Finley started instead of Ginobili!

I am surprised that Denver won. They have Melo and Iverson but Spurs still should have won. Now they are on the backfoot with a slow start.

Reply #130501 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Beat me to it Issac! Ginobili has been a 6th man all season provides a great spark off the bench. I think the Spurs will be able to regroup and get back on track but a great win for the nuggets.

Reply #130502 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Nuggets are a dangerous team - Camby can still lift, Melo and AI could still lift from there, etc.

Dangerous first round opponent for the Spurs.

Some superb series this year - Lakers-Suns, Bulls-Heat, Mavs-Warriors, etc.

Reply #130503 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Crazy how Big Shot Rob always brings it playoff time.

Spurs will start Duncan at centre by the end of the series with Bowen, Parker, Finley and Ginobili as the other starters.

Playoff time coaches will one time or other do away with positions and just start their best 5 - like Dallas have pretty much done today.

Spurs will come back

Reply #130507 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Yeah Dallas starting lineup was
C Nowitzki
PF George
SF Howard
SG Terry
PG Harris

Golden States
C Harrington
PF Jackson
SF Richardson
SG Ellis(quickly changed to Barnes)
PG Davis

Reply #130509 | Report this post

Ostrich 88  
Years ago

Both teams ( Mavs and Spurs) should have no trouble winning the series, loosing one game hardly places two of the elite NBA teams on the back foot.

Also I don't know why so many people have written of the Bulls, they were one win away from finishing second and i don't think the heat can last a long series with Shaq and D-Wade both having struggled with injuries this season and having a grandpa like bench to fall back on.

Reply #130596 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:38 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754