Anonymous
Years ago

Basketball ankle braces?

where do you get the figure 8 velcro ankle braces that people seem to have everywhere?

Topic #11328 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

the best ankle braces u can get are ASO braces from sun sport medical

they are expensive but they are deffinetly the best

Reply #131969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yer u see ASO everywhere.

Reply #131973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yer u see ASO everywhere.

Reply #131974 | Report this post

mumps  
Years ago

sports med at Payneham

Reply #131978 | Report this post

If you get a doctors referral they're cheaper.

Reply #131981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i find aso ones really uncomfy to wear. they also give me heapz of blisters and i dont think they work that well

Reply #131992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ive been fine with mine

i wear them on both feet and theve have helped heapz and have had no problems

Reply #132000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just tell them a physio referred you and use a reputable sports physios name. They dont checkup either.

Reply #132030 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Also see this previous topic for more information.

Reply #132033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They cause fungus and manky skin around the ankles.

Reply #132218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the idea is to wear socks and put the ankle brace on top so for all those people complaining of fungus and whatever, seriously.
If its blistering then obviously ur not doing them tight enough or they are too big.
ASO definaetly the best for ankle braces, and if u think theyre expensive then consider the nxt best option of tape..at $10 a shot it adds up

Reply #132244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wear 'second skin' tape under normal rigid tape then use braces and firstly you won't get blisters and ripped skin, secondly you will have mega protection against ankle damage. Level of support really depends on severity of ankle problems - best option if your ligaments are intact is too strengthen them, but if your ankles are not great, then strap and brace and save heaps of dollars for the ankle reconstruction you are going to need by the time you reach 30....

Reply #132283 | Report this post

Ortho  
Years ago

Just get some illegal cortisone and a syringe. Those ankles'll be right in no time.

Reply #132284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ortho!

Spoken like a true, easy to cure Doctor, ready to wreck yet another player's career. Why not add some steroids in too?? Too many quacks out there, even in the AFL/SANFL/NBL, too lazy to work a real solution and only ever consider "medicine" treatments. :(

Reply #132291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you never wear tape and aankle braces

(this is what i was told) it weakens your ankle so when you dont have any tape or ankle baces you are basically guaranteed to injure them,
and you wear socks under the braces.

Reply #132455 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:01 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754