Anon
Years ago

U21 Div 1 Girls

Tips for top 4 please

Topic #1138 | Report this topic

FLY  
Years ago

From what I've seen Norwood are the best going around. Sturt aren't bad, West are ok and I'm not sure about 4th spot... Southern or Woodville I reckon.

Reply #12638 | Report this post

rite  
Years ago

Norwood to strong in this age group... Nobody else

Reply #12645 | Report this post

hellotripsta  
Years ago

I would have said that Southern would have been right up there, but they have had a shocking start, they got thrashed by Norwood last week by at least 45 pts. However, I reckon they'll improve dramatically come winter season. Gets more serious. I tip Norwood for top tho.

Reply #12743 | Report this post

bob  
Years ago

i think that southern could start playing well now because i heard that peddle has left tigers for good so alot more of them will touch the ball.

Reply #13094 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bob,

Before u start making accusations i think u had better get your facts straight. Peddle has not left, and u have just been sucked into the big wide world of BULLS**T!!!!
And whats with the comment about everyone else touching the ball? I think that you will find if you actually watched Peddle play she is one of the most unselfish players in the tigers team.

Reply #13154 | Report this post

juppy  
Years ago

Well actually Peddle is a really good player however a bit overrated as she is not consistently wicked... however i say that but she is still v. good on a bad day!
of course she's still at southern where else would she go? that's her home.

Reply #13171 | Report this post

Peds  
Years ago

Juppy, thankyou for ur support. And i am working on that consistence problem. Can u ask who you are?

Reply #13173 | Report this post

rite  
Years ago

How can Southern win in this age group if they can not get over the line against South?

Reply #13205 | Report this post

i think people should watch sturt very good running the 5 out,no 40 will be a very good player in the future

Reply #13225 | Report this post

juppy  
Years ago

I don't actually play basketball Peddle, I just follow the district games. I think that your consistence problem is not one that is very evident these days, more of a last year thing :)

BTW- I'm not usually one to blame the umpires, but on Fri night Southern were robbed by the refs in the girls game if you ask me!

Reply #13269 | Report this post

Vicki  
Years ago

Bob, do u even watch our games. I'm in the same team and Peds just plays as the game goes. She reads the game really well and is a good role model for all us 1st years. Ur trying to stir up the forum, jeez get a life seriously.

Hi Peds by the way :) i dont mean to get mushy on ya, but the facts need to be straightened out here lol

Reply #13271 | Report this post

kainer  
Years ago

What's number 40 from Sturts name? If she's that promising why haven't i heard of her?

Reply #13272 | Report this post

Peds  
Years ago

Hey Vicki, thanks for backing me up buddy! Usually the people on here just bag people cos they have no lives, but thats cool cos i aint harsh back but i just feel sorry for them!
Juppy, were u at our game on friday night? And yes we got screwed by the refs, but the team as a whole had a fair average game and we can do a lot better!

Reply #13275 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

What number is this Peddle character?

Reply #13282 | Report this post

Peds  
Years ago

I am number 22, and my name 'Peddle' is on the back of my jersey!

Reply #13283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Peddle is a good player.. reads the play well and just is good all round!!

Reply #13285 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

I guess I'll see how good Peddle is on Friday then...

Reply #13295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

peddle has quit seniors!!

Reply #13296 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

Again we blame a ref for a game lost...

Reply #13336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get real, you didn't lose because the refs, you lost because south played better than you on the night.

South are surprisingly good this year, compared to their u/21 team from last year. They're 3 and 2 so far and they really should have been 4 and 1 if they didn't lose to Wooodville.

Reply #13343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon,
You have to be kidding. The refs are always sh*t down at marion, and friday nigth was no exception. South are not good, they are ferals. And thats not just in 21s. I watched a lot of games that night and generally, south are winning by playing dirty and getting away with it! They have no skill and if there is talent there then its clouded by dodgy coaching and dirty tactics, so i am sure you will be seeing very different results come winter season and state champs.

Reply #13345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha! What a joke! Dirty tacticts!? Clearly you did not witness the game or you are a Southern supporter because you are being rather biased.

Reply #13350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

P.S Southern were playing rugby that game and often play very rough, hence the reason many fouls were called and you are complaining about the umpiring.

Reply #13351 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think that just because southern lost against us south chicks they shouldn't have a cry about it and blame the umpires! I think that we did a great job to beat a team that has so many so called state players!! I think that this season we are showing many people, some in our own club that we should have been given more opportunities a long time ago!!

Reply #13356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

c'mon girls stop this c**p, have some respect for the game even if you don have any for each other

Reply #13358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes - behave

Reply #13398 | Report this post

Vicki  
Years ago

Us Southern Girls aren't blaming the umpires, but hey, they didn't help! Nobody used dirty tactics or whatever you guys are throwing onto this forum, its all a part of the game.
Sarah even said - we played pretty average on Friday night! Oh well we'll see how it goes next time.

South Chick who commented before - ease up kid, we're all friends here! :)

Reply #13411 | Report this post

Krazykrok  
Years ago

Who has played state in the past from the current Tigers team? Somebody said they were full of 'supposed' state players?

Reply #13414 | Report this post

hellotripsta  
Years ago

Nobody is a 'supposed' state player, they've either played state or haven't.

Reply #13415 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

Anon #13345,
i don't think you should be generalising South Adelaide. I don't play for them, nor do i know anyonewho does, but i think it's wrong to say what you did. South are a successful club and they didn't get there by playing dirty.

And anon #13343,
Don't underestimate Woodville. That was a gutsy win against South.

Reply #13420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They have 6 people who have played state in the past.
Nicki Graham played metro a few years back, Sarah Peddle (obviously) last year, Jess Nolan and Jess Moser played metro in 16s and Emily Schenscher and Vicki Searle played Country a few times.

With this sort of history you'd think they'd be doing a bit better! It is silly season, be good to see what happens in winter...

Reply #13421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can some1 tell me if peddle has quit or not?

Reply #13439 | Report this post

Peds  
Years ago

Anon #13439
I have not quit tigers and i really dont know where you got that from as it is the first i have heard of it and it actually never left my lips to any1 at the club.

Reply #13478 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

What happened to Peddle on Friday night? I don't think that she made an appearance against Woodville ??

Reply #14329 | Report this post

Vicki  
Years ago

Peddle was there, we won by about 60 pts! I think your sources are a tad unreliable fly!

Reply #15078 | Report this post

woohoo  
Years ago

Tigers form is getting back up to where it's supposed to be! Lets see how they go against the harder teams...

Reply #15164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Don't be so negative.)

Reply #45332 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:49 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754