TR
Years ago

Orlando Draft Camp - Day 3 and 4

Here is a link for days 3 and 4 of the Orlando draft camp.

Link includes some interviews and also a nice line of

"Brad Newley had a solid performance with 9 points on 3-5 shooting, he had the dunk of the game with an impressive drive dribbling past his man through the lane and throwing down a thunder dunk"

Link:

http://www.nbadraft.net/2007predraftcamp004.asp

Topic #11695 | Report this topic

thomo  
Years ago

whats peoples opinion of him actually getting drafted? reading his player profile from the above website it doesnt look like they rate him, bloated stats and to slow of the mark ?

Reply #136865 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I wouldn't worry to much about the write up as it was done in Jan 2006, and I'm fairly confidant that Newley is a better player now than in Jan 2006.

Oh, I don't think he'll get selected and will be playing for the 36ers next season.

Reply #136866 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

i hope he does, but on the other hand it would be awesome for another player in the nba as a sixers fan its a catch22 scenario

Reply #136871 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

problem I see is with Newley we are contenders, without Newley we are middle of the pack, but hey at least he's ours if the NBA thing doesn't happen.

Im all for him not getting drafted (he's much better off not getting drafted unless 1st round) and then pimping himself out to as many teams as he can and hopefully impresses enough to pick up a contract.

If not I'm sure Mal and Phil won't be kicking him out the front door at the Dome anytime soon.

Reply #136875 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

I think Newley is a fair chance to get picked in the 2nd round. However, this doesn't mean he will land on a roster to start the NBA season. From there it is a matter of luck of who he will be up against for the last couple of spots on a teams roster.

Reply #136942 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Brad's moved up a spot on Draft Express' mock, from 57 to 56.

I know it's not much, but it shows that he didn't do any harm to his stock during the Orlando camp.

Reply #137007 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:24 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754