tessisadog
Years ago

woodville

nothing much is going on. so im just showing my love woodville. whos with me.

and i know people will be comming on saying things like 'woodville are crap' and 'what idiot comes on with a thread like this' so im ready for it.

Topic #12023 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

pretty much some it up there they are crap..

Reply #140382 | Report this post

Ostrich59  
Years ago

They seem to be well run from the dome. Professional with juniors. Training at the dome would be good.

Reply #140383 | Report this post

brucebeck  
Years ago

I played for cheltenham at St.Clair.. that's where/how woodville got started.
So I have a 'soft spot' for woodville.
I recall south having the best team in ABA and West being very strong in juniors.
I played a bit for the Eagles and they were good.
It goes in cycles woodville will have their 'moments'

Reply #140386 | Report this post

hawthorn by 9  
Years ago

western magic have not helped woodville or west in their efforts and have nested in the hatching ground for both of those clubs at st clair - it will be interested over time with juniors - I would predict 2 average junior clubs number wise and a smaller western magic picking up some more teams (around centrals type numbers ie 1 team per grade)

Reply #140395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i believe woodville need some more star players before they become a threat. unlike the woodville girl teams the boys are struggling.

Reply #140398 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

how wonderfully observant you are - tell me any club that doesnt need some star players and success can only be measured in winning grand finals consisently or certainly playing in finals - i not sure if woodville should glote about girls team ahead of boys teams until they start getting some trophies in the cabinet consisently
woodville be a threat with so called star players - why do you have contacts with sturt and bring their guns to pecker land - woodville persist with local talent and giving kids a go good on you woodville - its all a circle and the wheel is turning woodvilles way

Reply #140403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

giving kids a go shouldnt be the aim. 'giving kids a go' is a method for SOCIAL teams. not club.

Reply #140407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

woodville do have star players, they need some depth

Reply #140410 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

by giving kids a go i mean they dont just pick out the already i am 6 foot 2 kids or i already play for div 1 elsewhere or pick eyes out of country teams - they look to encourage and develop and give kids opportunity to improve and prove themselves - of course woodville have star kids - and depth is the factor absolutely - because the so called stars often get sort after by the star pickers from other clubs -

Reply #140411 | Report this post

rumor monger  
Years ago

Yep now we attack woodville.When i played for woodville we used to look after the imports by showing them around and dropping in on them to say hi it is a great club recently lost a great person in Vera Craig sure she may have got on ya case about ya fees but she had time for you and knew your name and history.WELL DONE WOODVILLE you still give kids a go.

Reply #140415 | Report this post

Red Frogs  
Years ago

Its a bit sad that Woodville hasn't been able to hold onto their more successful mens juniors over the past 10 years.

I know Vera Craig wouldn't be happy how these guys have jumped ship.

I can recall the W'ville u/18 boys won the Melbourne classic in the late 90's...but where are they now??
There's no players from that team in the green....
Players such as
D Ng
M Ng
J Graves
M Fuller
N Baggott
R Peek
T Harvey

and other juniors who left
J Hammond
P Vandenberg

and Coaches
J Bray
S Whitmore
C Gilbert
P Rigoni
S Watkins

The club looked like it would be a solid, almost dominant team in seniors for many years. The only constant over the 10 years has been the president.....hmmmmmm

I hope that one day soon some of the names mentioned above come back......I know Vera would want that very much.

Reply #140422 | Report this post

14u2nv  
Years ago

yES AND ITS ABOUT TIME HE GOT ON HIS BIKE AND WENT WEST TOO - PRESIDENT OF WHAT - HE SHOULD GO FOR A BIT OF PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WITH A FEW OF THE OTHER CLUBS.

Reply #140460 | Report this post

BIG baller  
Years ago

west and woodville are strong clubs they have survived sharing a stadium with each other and later the adelaide giants who were bigger in the end than magic so they will be ok BSA just needs to pump basketball into the schools the kids will come

Reply #140569 | Report this post

Jack Rabbit  
Years ago

Prehaps it may be time to once again share facilities between the two clubs.

I was involved down at Athol Park and the sharing worked quite well.

Share the facilities, halve the cost.

Reply #140584 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Yeah, the West Adelaide Woodville Bearcat Stadium!

Reply #140621 | Report this post

caughtinatrap  
Years ago

Two proud clubs experiencing tough times although it will make them all the better when the wheel turns as a result of their hard work.

Reply #140631 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Woodville Warriors - be happy for west to join as a feeder club

Reply #140645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm all for a West/Woodville merger. They new team could wear red and black and be known as the West Adelaide Bearcats.

Reply #140649 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

merge wont happen as both clubs are proud of there past and wont give up the fight till the bitter end, i say good on them. other clubs will go thru difficult times as well but we wont be calling for a merge.
BE PROUD OF THE PAST AND WORK HARD FOR THE FUTURE.

Reply #140711 | Report this post

rib cracker  
Years ago

i am with you booga all the way - go the mighty green and gold - warriors wont lie down

Reply #140721 | Report this post

BIG baller  
Years ago

dont think a merger is what is needed just hard work to promote the game woodville just need to have a stadium of thier own to display thier history makes a big difference inregards to pride when you walk past all those old photos

Reply #140748 | Report this post

IamIsaid  
Years ago

Bigballer, I'm with you. A place where you can socialize after the game and feel pride in the players who represented the club.

Reply #140756 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:20 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754