123abc
Years ago

Bogut's words must be discussed

Have you heard what Milwaukee Bucks center Andrew Bogut said about his fellow NBA players?

"There are guys who drop a hundred grand for a chain. The public's got it right - a lot of NBA stars are arrogant and like to spend lots of money and have lots of girlfriends and all that," he continued. " ... About 80 percent of them go broke by the time they retire or come close to it. ...

Link

Interesting read, i have to agree with Bogut, many are arrogant and spend their money stupidly for example the very amusing video that i watched of Gilbert Arenas 3pt one hand bet with another player worth a lazy 20k.

Topic #12029 | Report this topic

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

I disagree with the Agent Zero vs Deshawn Stevenson 3pt shootoutout... If anything it showed how un-arrogant they were (if that's a word)... They were just clowining around the fact that it was about 5% of Deshawn's salary (not to worry - he should be able to demand about 1/2 of the mid-level now = $2.5m) was a bit silly on DeShawns part... I didn't find that insulting at all - just two guys having fun - the other stuff that Bogut broaches is relevant though...

Reply #140434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

123abc have you yet read the local Milwaukee paper which bags Bogut over what he has said in that article. They bring up a good point too, Bogut is arrogant (remeber he attack on Luc Longly before he was drafted and this season he was fined $25,000 or some large amount for giving his fans the finger).

Reply #140438 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

Listen he has been in the NBA 4 wat 3 years now..he doesnt deserve the right to be labelling other NBA Players as arrogant...Bogut is very arrogant himself especialy when he attacked luc longley when he first made the NBA...he has to earn respect first b4 he has right to say and express his views

Reply #140442 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think he's commenting more so on their spending and methods of celebrating their status than calling them arrogant.

Reply #140448 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

Yeh but really everyone, did we expect anything differently from NBA players. The salaries they are on etc and the life on the road they lead. For every arrogant superstar though, there is a gem of a person and player. 80% seems pretty high in the former category though. I wonder how true that 80% statement is though.

Reply #140496 | Report this post

facts  
Years ago

Max, don't comment on someone when you don't know them personally. You clearly have no idea what he is like and he definitely isn't arrogant. I smell tall poppy syndrome!

Reply #140593 | Report this post

Bfresh  
Years ago

David, 17% of all statistics are made up, everyone knows that!

Reply #140651 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:57 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754