Anonymous
Years ago

How can I improve my shooting?

what is the best way to improve shooting. I often do individual training and want to improve my shooting...mid-range and 3pt range.
Any suggestions?

Topic #12038 | Report this topic

brucebeck  
Years ago

You tell them to lie down on the floor and shoot straight up above their face about one metre. If it is not coming down straight then they have a problem with their shooting skills... They can do this at home anywhere lie on the floor and practice it.

Reply #140531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

keep shooting , repitition is the best way of getting good at something, make sure u have all your basic shooting fundamentals ticked off than just shoot, shoot , shoot. Than you can vary your shooting when your individually training. For example- shot fake ,one dribble than jump shot. get someone to pass to you the ball while running to the elbow and practice a quick sqaure up and jump shot as you reach the elbow. Than do other things like coming off of screens and other game like situaions where u would need to make a pressure jump shot etc.

Reply #140532 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

Visualisation techniques are very good. Before doing anything, I would close your eyes and visualise yourself making the shot. Before a game do it for the whole game. I think the body follows what the mind is thinking. Believe you are going to make the shot. I have seen so many bad techniques from shooters, but they continually make shots. It comes down to repetition and belief. I would try and video yourself shooting, both making shots and missing. Analyse what the difference is.

Reply #140535 | Report this post

Giraffe42  
Years ago

All shooting is...
is one third of a metre from your elbow to your hand.
If you wonder why sometimes it goes in and sometimes it misses.....
Then yes lay down on the floor and shoot upwards is the best.

Reply #140539 | Report this post

mrs heal  
Years ago

shane please your proper name when on the forum - mum

Reply #140549 | Report this post

Cat84  
Years ago

Stand on base line and toss it to 3 point line two hands underarm
run out turn and shoot is good practice

Reply #140550 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Don't pass.

Reply #140578 | Report this post

Shappy  
Years ago

Just practice, that's all you can do even guys in the NBA suck at shooting and they have the best individual coaches in the world, don't listen to the lay down and shoot, or these non game like situations, you need game intense shooting practica and a lot of it to get better.

Goodluck

Reply #140582 | Report this post

Moose  
Years ago

Try practising on a netball ring.
Same height, smaller diameter ring, no backboard.
When you get back to a BBall ring it should be like throwing tennis balls in the river.

Reply #140594 | Report this post

Moose  
Years ago

Try practising on a netball ring.
Same height, smaller diameter ring, no backboard.
When you get back to a BBall ring it should be like throwing tennis balls in the river.

Reply #140595 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Or start with something of a small calibre..........

Reply #140597 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Moose - or a sausage down a hallway

Reply #140606 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

That actually suprised me quite a bit to find out that a netball ring is the same height as a basketball ring. I always thought the Netball ring was higher!!!
And your spot about the diameters of them both, Netball ring- 38cm, Basketball ring- 45cm.

Reply #140622 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

My suggestion..is shoot on a smaller hoop..there are much smaller hoops like 13 and 15 inch diameter rings available for about 40 american on jumpusa.com...also try to ensure you have good arc on your shot..if not then i recommend the 'get it up' shooting ring available on jumpusa.com
It ensures you get good arc on ur shot..but in general just practicise alot and look at jumpusa.com..they have a whole range of machines and equipment for improvement

Reply #140713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

go to a rifle range

Reply #140722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #141961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #141962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #141963 | Report this post

Hood 77  
Years ago

Dribbling. Two (2) balls is best.

Reply #141976 | Report this post

Hood 77  
Years ago

The lay down is just something you can do at home for 5 mins

Reply #142035 | Report this post

David Smith  
Years ago

(Mod: Spam!)

Reply #187470 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:33 am, Wed 20 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754