Dr Damage
Years ago

Gems World Champs 2007

By my calculations the Gems are on court for there first match at 3.45pm Friday (CST).

The link to the FIBA website is here

WE play Brasil, this probably our most important game of this pool round.

Good luck girls, can we keep all comments in one thread?

Topic #12273 | Report this topic

Harry Hopeless  
Years ago

I think the game will be over by then. My calculations makes tip-off @ 12.45pm CST Friday (2015 in Slovakia)

Reply #143095 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Harry the BA web site says:

The Gems will play Brazil at 4:15am tomorrow morning, Friday July 27 (8:15pm local).

So I am wrong, I will try my time machine again!!!!

Reply #143096 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Time is 3.45 am Friday morning.

My apologies!

Reply #143097 | Report this post

Gems  
Years ago

Hero messages to [email protected]

Reply #143102 | Report this post

FIBA  
Years ago

BRATISLAVA (FIBA U19 World Championship for Women) - Australia started their FIBA Under-19 World Championship for women with a convincing 84-51 win over Brazil.

Cayla Francis paced the Gems with some impressive stats.

She poured in 20 points and hauled down 10 rebounds. She was three from five from close range but drained all three of her three-pointers and also converted five from five from the charity stripe.

Katie Ebzery was also in fine fettle for the Gems with 17 points while there was also a double-digit contributions from Mia Newley.

Brazil's best performer was Patricia Teixeira who contributed 11 points while Nadia Gomes had eight rebounds to go with her 10-point haul.

The Gems were quick to sparkle as they took the first quarter 22-12 and they were even more ruthless in the second period which they dominated 27-10.

They eased up a little bit in the second half and only took the third quarter by a single point, 18-17.

The final period finished 17-12 in favour of the Australians who underlined their status as one of the leading powers in women's basketball with their impressive display in a Group D game.

Ana Mariolani
FIBA

Reply #143160 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

For those interested game is on the above link vs Canada in 10 mins.

9pm CST.

Reply #143425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

38- 29 half time

Reply #143431 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

The Australian Under 19 Women's basketball team, the Gems, remained undefeated at the FIBA World Championship in the Slovak Republic after a comfortable 70-55 win over Canada tonight...South Australian centre Cayla Francis continued her stellar tournament with a 16-point, 10 rebound double-double with Canberra Capital Abby Bishop adding 9 points and 9 rebounds and Warrnambool's Nicole Hunt tallying 9 points and 6 rebounds in support.

BA Media

Reply #143452 | Report this post

oo  
Years ago

Fan Alert: Follow the Gems

Australia plays the Czech Republic in the fifth game of the FIBA World Championship for Under-19 women in the Slovak Republic at 4:15am Wednesday morning in Australia's Eastern states.

Reply #143553 | Report this post

oo  
Years ago

Fan Alert: Gems quarter final against Spain 11:15pm ACST

Link above

Reply #143898 | Report this post

o)(o  
Years ago

Half time we are up 43-30.
Bishop double double at half time!!

Reply #143899 | Report this post

o)(o  
Years ago

BRATISLAVA (FIBA U19 World Championship for Women) - Spain booked their place in the semi-finals of the FIBA U19 World Championship for Women after an amazing turnaround saw them seal a last-gasp 72-69 win over Australia.

The European side were trailing 46-30 at the start of the third period before an eight-minute blitz saw them go into the final 10 minutes 55-50 in front.

Australia responded by regaining the lead in the closing stages, only for Spain to draw the game level at 69-69 with just 24 seconds remaining.

And there was still time for them to grab a highly unlikely victory as Gabriela Ocete landed a dramatic three-pointer on the buzzer to seal their passage through to the last four.

Spanish pair Tamara Abalde and Alba Torrens top-scored for the winners, netting an impressive 22 points each.

Australia looked in control from the start and raced into an early lead to hold a 19-10 advantage at the end of the first quarter.

And they further strengthened their grip on the game during the second period to extend their advantage to a 13-point margin by the half-time interval (43-30).

Yet, in one of the most enthralling periods of the tournament so far, Spain completely turned the game on its head by netting an amazing 19 points without reply in the third.

And a dramatic final quarter ended in spectacular fashion, with the European side booking a semi-final clash with USA on Saturday.

Drew Williams
FIBA

Reply #143903 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

Anyone know what happened in the third quarter? Seems like a position in the semi was assured and then Spain fought back!

Reply #144074 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:30 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754