coopz
Years ago

NH $130million dollar NFL player to be executed?

not sure if this has been raised before, but i see NFL star quarterback, Michael Vick has been indicted on dog fighting charges.

i agree this is barbaric and unaceptable and he should be punished, but the latest news is that a US senator is now calling for him to be executed! only in america...

RICHMOND, Va.  The Michael Vick dogfighting case made its way to the floor of the U.S. Senate Thursday when its most senior member publicly declared his outrage, saying he's witnessed one execution but wouldn't mind seeing another "if it involves this cruel, sadistic, cannibalistic business of training innocent, vulnerable creatures to kill."
The strong words from Sen. Robert Byrd, D-WV, widely known for his devotion to animals, come as dogfighting controversy swirls around the Atlanta Falcons star quarterback. Vick and three others were indicted earlier this week on felony charges of competitive dogfighting, procuring and training pit bulls for fighting, and conducting the enterprise across state lines.
The dogs were housed, trained and fought at a property owned by Vick in Surry County, Va., under an outfit named "Bad Newz Kennels," the indictment says

in my opinion the guy is just trying to shake things up, and look like he's actually doing something, but imagine if it was done...

to make matters worse, the judge assigned to his case, has a very poor record for showing leniancy.

one of the best and highest paid NFL players, is most likely getting serious jail time the way it looks, which he should.

how much of his record breaking
US$130million will he actually see now.

Topic #12287 | Report this topic

DaVet  
Years ago

Saying pitbulls shouldnt fight is like saying sharks should be stopped from eating fish. Its what they do.

The problem is the breeding of this dog not the fighting. Hopefully Vick just cops a fine and is stopped from producing more of these animals.

Just another typical headline grabbing senator and the media eats it up... You dont work with the media by any chance???

Reply #143239 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

cop a fine? he should find his ass in jail. Its uneducated to say its just the breading of the dogs, sure they naturally are fighters but its not natural for them to be trained to fight in ORGANISED competitions for people sick pleasure, then shot and tortured if they loose or are too hurt.

Reply #143246 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

WTF..... I seriously hope DaVet has nothing to do with animals...

My neighbour has a pitbull, nicest dog in the world because that was the way it was trained, not to rip the shit out of flesh.

Let Vicks arse rot in jail. The Falcons suck anyway.

Reply #143248 | Report this post

Pickles Housemate  
Years ago

According to DaVet's (#143239) reasoning, Guns kill people, not the person pulling the trigger.

Reply #143249 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Mr. Vick and his famous alias...

RON MEXICO??? WTF??? At least make up a reasonable alias - the herpes thing is embarrassing enough, but the ridiculous alias outshines it by a mile...

From Wikipedia...

Ron Mexico lawsuit
In March 2005 a woman named Sonya Elliott filed a civil lawsuit against Vick alleging she contracted genital herpes from Vick and that he failed to inform her that he had the disease.[20] Elliot further alleged that Vick had visited clinics under the alias "Ron Mexico" to get treatments and thus he knew of his condition. This led to a deluge of fans ordering customized #7 Atlanta Falcons jerseys on NFLShop.com with the name "Mexico" on the back.[21] Due to the media interest surrounding the case, the National Football League disallowed the use of the jersey/name combination two days after the lawsuit. On April 24, 2006 Vick's attorney, Lawrence Woodward, revealed that the lawsuit had settled out of court with an undisclosed amount.[22]

Video game developer Midway Games has alluded to Vick and his Ron Mexico alter-ego in their 2006 title, Blitz: The League. Due to Midway's loss of the National Football League license (EA Sports now has exclusive NFL licensing), all teams and players in the game are fictitious. However, the "Washington Redhawks"' star quarterback is a mobile, left-handed passer named "Mike Mexico."

Reply #143250 | Report this post

Pogo  
Years ago

I'm all for throwing his sorry ass in jail to rot for many years, but Wikipedia? I would not trust anything that is "posted" on that particular site!

Reply #143258 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Vick deserves to rot, I know a number of Pitbulls and although they aren't my favourite breed of dog, if they are brought up the right way they are very nice dogs.

DaVet, please climb back under your rock.

Reply #143263 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Pogo - the Ron Mexico alias is well documented, in the mainstream US media as well...

Reply #143284 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:01 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754