Moses Guthrie
Years ago

Mount Gambier v Riverland

Dudes and dudettes,

A month or so ago, I posted a discussion about the Riverland. It now appears I could be moving to Mount Gambier or the Riverland.

I've heard your thoughts on the Riverland (was a good place with ABL side, but gone sadly backwards now with almost no basketball to speak of - and better pack the footy boots!).

What about Mount Gambier?

Topic #1229 | Report this topic

Carlo Bertetic.  
Years ago

Mount Gambier has a good local comp. Some of the pioneers players play in he comp. They also have a gren triangle competetion in summer. Mt gambiers plays against team from othe south east town as well as portland, hamilton and Warnambool. If you want to know anything else, let me know!

Reply #13962 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

guys play seabl - as you know - senior girls don't compete in any major conferences.

a little more isolated than the riverland - bigger local populations

ie renmark - 8,000, berri 8,000, loxton 7,000, barmera 5,000, waikerie 4,000 - with a sprinkling of small towns - so looking at 35,000 max

mt gambier area 35,000, millicent 6,000, naracoorte 6,000, plus probably another 10,000 from smaller towns - so looking at larger populus to pull from

mt gambier throw money at basketball - ie couple of big imports - yet raiders fell over financially

juniors from riverland play in adelaide more readily - due to closeness - mt gambier further away - so no adelaide - but exposure to more victorian taems

on the whole - mt gambier is a more reputable basketball area than riverland - they also play all year around - riverland only summer

Reply #13981 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

The local comp down there is ok in the SEABL off season as the Pioneers play and a lot of the footballers but once football starts up and SEABL the comp gets a little thin. SEABL comp is a lot better than Central conference and you get to do a lot more travelling as well. What level are you playing at???

Reply #13986 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

Moses,

Vidmar and I have already told you, get down to the Mount. The Icehouse is way better than the riverland stadium. You'll be able to find a decent comp during the week. The Salvos comp will be a distant memory when you get down there.

Plus, you'll have the added bonus of us being able to visit you once in a while!!!

Reply #13988 | Report this post

bruce  
Years ago

moses,
i know that it may be due to work, but i am begging you to stay withthe tigers!!!!....you are the heart and soul.

Reply #14004 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Take your footy boots Moses and play a real game :)

Reply #14011 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:47 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754