Isaac
Years ago

Match-up time

Today's match-up is:

Brett Maher and Jacob Holmes

vs

Andrew Gaze and David Stiff

All at full fitness and current playing ability. Who'd have the advantage(s)?

Topic #125 | Report this topic

tdm  
Years ago

maher would be faster than gaze, but doesn't gaze have a bit of an edge with his height? stiffy and holmes would be pretty even. not sure, but maybe the two tigers by a few buckets?

Reply #966 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

I'll take Maher and Holmes.
But I think Stiffy's quearness might make him a tough match-up for Jake! Gaze is to old! Maher would crap all over him and make him his bitch!
Then he would T-bag him for good measure!

MMmmmm... T-bag me baby!

Reply #968 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

despite the disadvantage in height, i think brett/jacob would win. After last season jacob would be used to guarding players taller than himself. Brett would take drewey apart in isolation.

Reply #971 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I would call this too close to call.

Maybe Tigers by a VERY slight advantage.

The only criticism I have of Maher's game is his defence can sometimes be lacking, which would allow Drewy to fire from downtown.

The unorthodoxy of Stiff makes him almost impossible to guard, and I think Holmes would have his work cut out. Conversely, I dontt hink Stiff could guard Holmes too well, likewise Drewy with Maher.

Give the advantage to the Tigers on height only.

Reply #981 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

I agree with you Yogee.

Reply #1031 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:28 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754