TR
Years ago

Jordan to coach in Melbourne

I've pulled this from RealGM, but apparently there is a article in todays Herald-Sun about Jordan coming to Australia to coach.

The article appears in the "confidential" section on page 21 of the herald-scum.

Can't link to the article as it doesn't appear on-line and I'm going off info from RealGM.

"Jordan dribble
We get all sorts of bizarre anonymous dribble in our line of work. But here's one for the record books. Our spies tell us we shouldn't be surprised if basketball legend Michael Jordan makes a trip our way soon. The rumour goes, Jordan, of Chicago Bulls fame, is in talks with one of Melbourne's NBL teams to coach the side next season. If the rumour is at all true, we should hear an update very soon Hmmm..."

I'm calling bullsh*t on this one.

Dicko, have you heard anything about this????

Topic #12596 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

not a chance, what would be his motivation?

Reply #146621 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

dear god

please be true

Reply #146623 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

His motivation would be to

"work with ex NBA star Shane Heal who he has looked up too since he was a kid"

- just like everone else at the South Dragons ;)

Reply #146624 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

gold Statman...

isn't that why Dicko follows them as well...

; )

Reply #146626 | Report this post

Pulteney 82  
Years ago

Maybe it's Reggie Jordan

Reply #146628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

adonis jordan?

Reply #146634 | Report this post

Stadium Monkey  
Years ago

Bazza Jordan, currently coaches Oonawupwup Under 12's Div 4.

Reply #146640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

adonis JORDAN?

or maybe is not that direct- baby JORDAN i.e. harold miner?

or maybe not even male- Kylie JORDAN(bulleen boomers)?

thoughts....

Reply #146649 | Report this post

Rodney  
Years ago

article cleary says michael jordan

Reply #146654 | Report this post

Montell Jordan???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJPhxg3MuvU

Reply #146655 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Now this Jordan would definitely attract some fans....

Jordan

But I'm with you TR, bullshit.......

Reply #146657 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

I can't publish my thoughts about Kylie Jordan on this website...I'm a married man.

Reply #146664 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

She's an idiot?

Reply #146669 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

She's a looker.

Reply #146673 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Don't look at me.....I call crap on this as well.

But my link to the Dragons is not as strong as it was last season. In fact, my main link to the NBL, in general, has sort of shifted out.

It will be a quiet season from me as far as letting everyone know stuff before it happens.

Reply #146685 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Bit your tips on the WNBL should be on the money now right?

Reply #146686 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Nutwork , nothing like voicing your opinion on Kylie Jordan to find out her parents are sitting behind you.

AWKWARD!!

Reply #146688 | Report this post

NVS  
Years ago

DICKO.......i am going to take a punt and guess that your link must have been The Commish himself.

Reply #146691 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Kent - I hear ya but replace Kylie Jordan with "Glenn McGrath" - change "voicing your opinion" to "absolute scathing attck on the man's character" - change parents to "Jane McGrath" and then put it all in the context of "just recently been diagnose with 2nd bout of cancer" ... now that was AWKWARD.

Reply #146692 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

He He.....I sat next to a bloke at a footy game years ago absolutely bagging Wayne Schwass just after he'd been done for biting.

"Dirty Little Prick"
"Nasty little bastard"

all that sort of thing.

Guy introduced himself at the end of the game as Wayne's dad.

Boy was I red.

KENT.....keep it to yourself, please.

Reply #146695 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

This calls for a "Most Awkward Moment" thread. Mostly because I think I can win hands down.

Scenario:

Standing around at a party drinking about 6 years ago. Guy hands me an invite to his birthday party that says on the bottom of the invite "No Fat Chicks"

Thinking myself quite the comedian, I say "Well, won't it be a bit strange when your mum gets kicked out of your own party?"

Not one person even chuckled. I thought - have mum jokes become uncool? When and how did this happen?

Birthday Boy then says, "My mum died two weeks ago from cancer."

I didn't go to the party.

Reply #146705 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Might not be able to top that quality, but could compete on sheer quantity of inappropriate things said while in the crowd at ABA games only to discover later that I'm sitting in front of, next to, or behind parents, relatives or partners of the players in questions. Everyone, I apologise.

Reply #146708 | Report this post

doosh  
Years ago

It's false.

I just asked someone associated with the Bobcats.

Reply #146717 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Doosh - was that your most awkward moment?

Doosh to Bobcat contact "Is Michael Jordan coming to Australia to coach in the NBL?"

Bobcat Contact - falls on ground laughing and wets pants.

Doosh - feels awkward.

Reply #146725 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Isaac, could have been worse - you could have been sitting between them.

Reply #146737 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

My awkward moment was publicised on national TV - at the Power/Richmond game in my Tigers guernsey and scarfe with my head resting on my hands and being shown on national TV for about 5 seconds with the commentators apparently having a dig and the Tigers down by about 50 points.

Not to mention my gf's smart arsed little brother sitting next to me in his power gear giving me sh*t.

Accordingly, I have officially banned any interviews with channel 7 until they publicly apologise and guarantee not to publish such material on TV again

Reply #146794 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

I can imagine that Channel Seven's CEO, David Leckie, would be very concerned about your boycott, lockstock.

Reply #146802 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

I made a few comments to a mate at last seasons Sixers pre-season game about Jordan Dodman's "big boned" physical sataus and his apparent lack of neck, only to find his mum was seated in the row in fron of me.

I went a little beetroot after that.

Reply #146853 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

say it isnt so DICKO...

Reply #147056 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:43 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754