The K Man
Years ago

BEN WALLACE, Was 6 enough?

There appears to be 2 schools of thought here? My opinion is that 6 games was probably on the harsh side!

Topic #1260 | Report this topic

Statman  
Years ago

Im with you - the cold hard facts are that all Wallace actually did was push Artest. He has been judged on that alone as we have seen in many other cases over the years. Compared to other incidents 6 weeks does seem harsh

Reply #14299 | Report this post

all for one  
Years ago

probably needs that many weeks to get the beer, soft drink and pop corn out of his hair !

Reply #14300 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I aint seen the tape yet but if thats true and all he did was push Artest than 6 is harsh.
BUT if some little s**t threw beer in my face i'd smack him one too.
And then promote my rap albulm ;-)

Reply #14308 | Report this post

hill  
Years ago

6 games in the NBA is about 2 weeks out, so i think its right on the spot. I thought Artest got a bit of a harsh deal i thought 50 games, stephen jackson was throwing haymakers everwhere

Reply #14313 | Report this post

splinter  
Years ago

although wallace did push artest he was pretty keen to go on with it and made a fair effort to,and had he not been restrained he woulda done far more then just push him. I thought 6 was ok.

Reply #14316 | Report this post

slit your guts  
Years ago

did the fan get any punishment? If not, that's terrible

Reply #14321 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

Nah 6 is too many, but Detroit will still dominate without him. Ha. The Indiana blokes got what they deserved, especially Artest. If you can't handle sh!t from the fans, don't play NBA. Or maybe I am just being a bit biased towards my team...

Reply #14322 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Detroit should be banned from hosting any home games until such times as they can show their security is adequate.

They should be fined a good amount (I'm thinking around the $10 mill mark) for their part in the whole debacle.

Reply #14323 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

You full of it yogee.

Reply #14324 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

^^ *You're

Reply #14325 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Wallace should of been ejected from the game for what he did and that is about it. He did not throw the beer at Artest or tell Artest to jump into the stands.

Reply #14350 | Report this post

Chump  
Years ago

The NBA have taken the approach that if it wasnt for Ben Wallaces inappropriate behaviour in the first place the whole incident would not have occurred. Even though it was out of his hands and he had nothing to do with the fan throwing the beer, it was a preventable incident. Wallace was being a bitch anyway! It wasn't that hard of a foul in the first place.

Reply #14351 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

How far back do you blame people? You could argue the whole incident was caused by Artests hard foul.

Reply #14353 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wallace threw his towel/sweat bands at Artest while he was lying down. This was emulated by a fan throwing his beer. There's a lot of blame to share here.

Reply #14354 | Report this post

Big Pete  
Years ago

Does Artest's suspension include the playoffs, when they say season does it include the Post Season?

Reply #14355 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

I have a feeling the playoffs are no longer a concern of the Pacers

Reply #14356 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Unfortunately, i'm with MW on this one. How mant times have we seen an altercation between two players after a hard foul??? Plenty! Has there ever been reason to suspend someone for shoving a player after a foul? No. We can't say Wallace's reaction was solely based on that foul. It could've been other incidents within the game that "broke the Fro's back". We all heard of the bad history with Artest and the Pacer's so why be suprised at Wallace's reaction? 6 games is hefty, I think 2 games at the most.

Reply #14359 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Don't be too disappointed that we agreed on something Panther :)

Reply #14365 | Report this post

genna  
Years ago

I agree with Chump when he says the NBA should have taken the approach that Ben Wallace's behaviour had a lot to do with the incident occuring. If the NBA looked at the incident like this, then i think Wallace would have been suspended for even more games. 6 games is a little harsh if they are only punishing him for shoving Artest though...

Reply #14371 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

The Pacers just went from Championship Contender to Lotterty Contender

Reply #14399 | Report this post

The K Man  
Years ago

Panther, you can probably draw some parralells to your game last week! how many games did you get.

Reply #14415 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

had the whole cup throwing leading to riot incident never happened then Wallace would have gotten 1-3weeks.

Giving the Pacers players a total of 136games to the Pistons 9 is not sharing the blame, it is trying to cover it up. almost the entire pistons bench cleared during the on-court action the team would have gotten 9 games between them anyways.

The Pacers have one of the deepest benchs in the league, i think in the weaker east they might still slip into the playoffs. but i cant see them contending for the title without Ronny.

Reply #14438 | Report this post

mp  
Years ago

Panther was not reported. As he had picked up his 5th foul, and was leaving the court. the "disqualifiying foul" was the 6th foul (metro league only has 5 fouls for players), therefore it counted as a bench technical against the coach, and
Panther was asked to leave the vicinity of the court, which allows him to play on......

Reply #14537 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

There you go K Man, there's your answer. Never have been reported (knock on wood) and never intend to be!

Reply #14538 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:04 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754