Kent Brockman
Years ago

Food at the dome

I know it has been discussed before but surely something needs to be done about the foods at the dome.

Sunday I had to walk around the stadium during the lightning game trying to find something other than pies and pasties.

I ended up paying $5 for a cold sausage in a cold roll.

The food in the dome is a disgrace!

Get Subway or some such in as a sponsor and let them sell subs!

I am sure they would sell 400- 500 (10% of the crowd) subs a game which would be worth while bringing employees etc in to the dome for.

Maybe the participants of the forum could collectively by a franchise and set it up

Get the mini Pizza Hut pizzas back!

Somebody do something!!

Topic #1270 | Report this topic

bob  
Years ago

yeah i agree. last time i went to the sixers i had to walk around for ages not only looking for some good food but also for a drink other than plain coke. i also think they should get subway or even hungry jacks or mcdonalds to sponser them

Reply #14444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Noticed the water started the season at $2.80 a bottle and is now $2.90. Its only water!

Reply #14470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

at morphett vale the water there 4 a big bottle is $3 its heaps expensive and so are the tickets why is everythng getting so expensive that has got to do with basketball?

Reply #14483 | Report this post

Alf  
Years ago

I don't think its just to do with basketball. You'll find most things increase with price over time. Mostly wages rise too so it gets pretty even in the end. Haven't you ever heard your parents say 'in my day we could get this and that for 5 cents'.

The ticket prices going up would be a combination of this, expenses rising plus BASA having to pay off their debt somehow.

Reply #14486 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

Food at the Dome generally sucks, so eat before you go, or get something on the way. It's not gonna change.

Reply #14492 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Theres a Subway on the way as well as KFC, Cheaper and Tastier than old hot dogs

Reply #14515 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

I strongly agree with Kent - the food is a disgrace - especially if you want something even half healthy. While I am not a strong Subway fan, getting them in would be a huge step forward.

Reply #14516 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Quiznos is a franchise similar to Subway that would undoubtedly be eager to pick up more customers.

Conveniently, the Sixers' conditioning coach is the state manager (or holds a similar position, I think).

A slam dunk opportunity you say, but I believe that the food and beverage rights in the Dome have been sold and this would likely restrict such deal-making.

However, it doesn't hurt to voice your dissatisfaction -- there's a thread on the 36ERS website forum discussing the food. You could also use the contact form on the site to let them know what you think (good or bad).

Reply #14518 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

I would hate to see how much the fees would be to rent a space at the Dome. I would not be surprised if that is the reason the others have pulled out or not gone for it.

Reply #14520 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

Tell them what you think by not spending any money on the food. Very quickly the message will get through.

Reply #14522 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Seriously, the prices at The Dome are comparable, in not better than most other sporting stadiums (Hindmarsh, Aami Stadium etc).

In Sydney, they pay over $5 for a plastic cup of beer, and a bottle of coke if around the $4 mark.

Yes, prices are expensive, but unfortunately it's part of sporting life. People pay to supply the stadium exclusively, so they have no competition, and can charge what they like.

Wait till they start doing bag searches to stop you bringing in your own food or drink!

Reply #14525 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

It does not worry me about the cost what is annoying is that at least you expect a hot dog to be as the name implies hot.

I am happy to pay $5 if it tastes good.

I am happy to part with money when i feel as though i am getting value for it.

Buying food at the dome is not a value for money or tasty experience.

Reply #14529 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Very true.

And being diabetic there is ZERO choice for me. Always have to wait till after the game to eat (never seem to have time before!!)

At least when they had Murphys spuds there, they were good value for the money.

Reply #14535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nachos shithouse as well.

Corn chips chucked ina cardboard container with the grated cheese sprinkled on - not even melted.

New caterers are terrible.

Just adds to lack of professionalism around th eplace.

Reply #14542 | Report this post

jjj  
Years ago

i agree - nachos were awful, my son and i decided to share a serve, i ate the plain corn chips at the bottom - they had more flavor. if i wanted mince meat, i'd order mince meat! luckily my son and i love jalepeno's and he asked for extra, so that masked the taste. the company that provided nachos last year at least understood, spicy, heated, cheese sauce, sour cream = nachos!!! we will be stopping an Hungry's on our way to the basketball in future! $6 = burger, fries and drink. dome $6 =
cardboard and cold food. i know which one i think is better value. the management really needs to rethink the catering. with all the controversy over ticket pricing (which i also agree is too expensive) and the low crowds, the last thing they need is a food strike

Reply #14657 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I agree that it wouldn't help, but given that (as far as I know) the food/bev rights are sold to another company, then I don't believe increases/decreases in food sales really infringe on the club's bottom line. I guess low figures could impact what those rights are worth in future seasons though.

Reply #14658 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

Yes, could impact future value of the rights but also the current incumbent will need to address the situation given they have paid for the rights and will not get a return if people act like jjj.

Reply #14663 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:21 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754