123abc
Years ago

New NBL Site is online

The new nbl site is up, www.nbl.com.au

Looks better then the previous one by a mile!

The team's sites look similar from navigation etc. They will be released soon.

Topic #12770 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

May look better than a 'mile' but its pretty hopeless compared to every other major Australians sports web site. Why have a 'schedule' section that takes up half the page?!

Reply #148817 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Yeah, the NBL and Sportal have alot of work to do on the site. Maybe put content on aswell and fix up the header. Maybe a mile was taking it to far. The site looks slightly nicer. To be honest, it's half complete, if that. They need to add content before launching the new site...

Reply #148818 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

To be honest, I don't like the design much and always quite liked the old site. The content box styling further down is OK (red/blue/white), but the overall layout is a bit odd.

Strange that they've launched it well before finishing it. The TITLE tag on the home page is "home". The header ad is unlinked and might not be for an actual advertiser? The sidebar says "home ad" and nothing else. The search doesn't work. The A/V box has obvious test data. Feedback box is empty. Other boxes have placeholder data also. Trying to sign up for the newsletter takes you to the Tigers website? Same with voting on the poll. Nothing under Stats - no stats from last year? Players section shows potential, but doesn't link to profiles yet? Links to the home page instead. Teams index just has an ad. 36ers page works fine. A couple of others at least go to blank pages? 36ers one has links to year-by-year and so on which will be good when they're up. Tickets section is empty - swear I saw a version of this page that had content and looked good? Must be on its way. Award Winners page shows an ASP error.

Might be worth checking back in the morning - suggests there's a tipping comp, shop and so on coming - that will be an improvement over the last site.

Reply #148823 | Report this post

Pulteney 83  
Years ago

The whole site won't load atm.

Reply #148829 | Report this post

bob  
Years ago

do u think that they will end up putting Nathan Jawai in the NBL dream team?

Reply #148832 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

bob - I am sure that is their first priority - before naming rights sponsor, fta tv etc

ITS A BLOODY FANTASY TEAM GET OVER IT

Reply #148834 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

bloody big improvment i rekon.. hated the old one! and this one loads so much more quikly! now wats goin to happen with those live nbl pop ups we used to have hmm will they accually be half decent??

Reply #148843 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Why wouldn't they list who is playing for each team under the team section?

Reply #148850 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

The reason the new website loads faster is because most of the content is missing........

Reply #148853 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Also long as they fix up the live results score board then I'm a happy camper. The only things I'm really interested in are the schedule (for fantasy ball) and the live scores...

Reply #148859 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

If anyone is interested in the NBL Dream Team comp (same as the sportal one but on the NBL site) then I've created a league....

The league number is: 378820

Reply #148861 | Report this post

NVS  
Years ago

Notice who is on the top of the ladder on the new site.......go the sixers.

Reply #148869 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

I'm going to go out there and say I like the old one better. The new one kinda looks half finished to me and there seems to be some content missing (like team rosters on the club pages). I think the old site separated the content better as well. This one seems to blend all the info into one IMO.

Reply #149038 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

TP - agreed. Not enough use of strong colour blocks to differentiate the content - that's why it seems to blend together.

Reply #149042 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Garbage Indeed . Looks half done and 15 years old .
Miserable content , blah , blah , whinge , whinge . Hopefully not a sign of things to come for the HUMMER Need Bucket Loads of $ .
Old site if one thing had loads of stats and information plus some colour difference as said above .

Reply #149058 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I haven't really had a chance to look at the site until now. I must say I have never seen anything more unprofessional than replacing a working, fully operative website with an underdeveloped and incomplete farce of a website, only days before the start of a season (when interest is likely to be at its very highest). If it was two months until tip-off, fine. But with 5 hours to go, a website that is still in the 'coming soon' stages is a disgrace.

It wouldn't happen anywhere else but the NBL. Can you imagine it happening with the AFL, or even the A-League?

Very poor timing. If it is not ready, release it three weeks into the season and that way try and drum up some more interest later in the season.

Reply #149062 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Just to add to the complaints, after the first round of games, there is no way to find out the results from the frontpage. Was looking for results, got bored before I could be bothered checking all the match reports. No sir, I don't like it.

Reply #149807 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:47 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754