booga
Years ago

Places to stay in Brisbane

can anyone please give me some info on places to stay close to the brisbane ent. centre. cheap would be nice to save money and have more money for drinks

Topic #12914 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Stayed here last time I was up there: Eton B&B. It's fine, though the pictures neglect to show its proximity to a train line - not an attractive outlook, but not noisy enough to be a problem. Nothing over the top or exciting, but included breakfast and provided net access which I needed for work.

We thought it was a reasonable walk over the bridge to the venue, or into the city, etc. Otherwise, not far by taxi. Depends how much walking you like I guess.

EC stayed there at the same time so she might be able to provide a second opinion. It was the game where Smyth went with the 5 on, 5 off subs and the 36ers got drilled by the Bullets unfortunately.

Reply #150294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #150301 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Booga, it was clean and comfortable. Easy walking distance to wherever in the city. Sounds like you are not going to spend much time there other than sleep so should be fine. I was on my own, so I did opt for a taxi to get to and from the game, also because I didn't know my way around. It was good value considering breakfast was included. It is however located in one of the least desirable locations in the city, just past a whole selection of pretty run down backpackers accommodation.

Reply #150353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #150356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nbl need to get their scores up and running this is a joke for a supposodly profession organisation

Reply #150358 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Isaac, I just opened up the link and noticed how much prices have gone up since we stayed there. I was in Brisbane earlier this year and opted to stay at Hope Manor B&B at Norman Park. It was much cheaper than Eton and better quality accommodation. The room was much bigger and bright and airy and the ensuite was a full size bathroom.

www.babs.com.au/hopemanor/rooms.htm

I liked the location right on the river and a 20 minute ferry ride into the city. Public transport was remarkably cheap. I purchased a 1 week pass which gives you unlimited travel on ferries, buses or trains and that was only about $25.

Reply #150360 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Booga

Which Entertainment Centre are you talking about? There is one at Boondall and also the one at Southbank. You might want to check Wotif for all the specials on places to stay. If you find somewhere let me know and I can help you with the Public Transport etc. The PT up here is pretty good.
Hell, I might even catch up for a beer or three.

Reply #150394 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

Booga,

Plenty cheap last minute deals on the net quite close to town. Vegas backpackers' near the Eaton can also give you your own room for way less than a $100.00 if all you need is a bed and a wash. Recommend this option if beers and night life is the priority.

Sturty travel & whereis.com.au so you dont take the bus and end up at Logan. Cabs are still a bit of a nightmare in vegas?

Reply #150414 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

watch out if Sturty wants a drink.... last time turned into a night of yeager bombs and a shattering hangover in the morning.

Reply #150422 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

At least you had the next day off. I had to work......

Reply #150434 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre in Southbank is where the regular Bullets games are held. Boondall was only used for the grand final games.

Reply #150493 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Correct EC
Last year they had a few games played at Boondall and the finals series.
I have just found out that all games this season are played at the BCEC.

Reply #150505 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

boondall is where i will be thanks for the info everyone

Reply #150680 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Most of the accommodation out Boondall way will be cheaper than in the City. The train which runs from the Entertainment Centre is only about a 10 - 15 minute trip to the City.

Reply #150704 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:35 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754