Anonymous
Years ago

NH - Chris Mainwaring, West Coast star, dies at 41

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22511069-2,00.html

Topic #12964 | Report this topic

oppilla  
Years ago

suffered depression for a very long time.
Tragic

Reply #150881 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

super player who often got unrecognised through the early 90's

tragic

Reply #150891 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Very sad and hopefully the end of bad things for WC this year. I am sure there will be more to come including why the ambulance and police left him after the first call.

Reply #150895 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

One of the best Wingmen in the AFL

Mainwaring was a West Coast Legend

Just keeps getting worse for them

RIP Chris

Reply #150898 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Interesting that it is now alledged that Ben Cousins was one of the last to see him alive...
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=301171

Reply #150902 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The Ambulance left because he's didn't want their services. If a person refuses medical attention then the Ambulance officers can't do anything. The article also states he was left in the company of a friend.

The Police would be been there as part of their job, just like every other death, a report to the Coroner has to be prepared. It would of been highly unlikely that they would of attended with the first Ambulance crew.

Try not to make this sad event anything more than it already is.

RIP Chris....

Reply #150904 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Interesting article MW, my correction on the initial police attendance.

Reply #150906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ben Cousins was the last person to see him, geeeeee, now i dont want to accuse ben of anything but that will not look good for Ben in the media, especailly after the reports are that Mainwaring dyed of a drug overdose.

Reply #150925 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

hmmmm perhaps this is the reason Chris Judd has left the Eagles, being the professional that he is, and not wanting to be around the 'drug culture' which seems to be rife at that Club, but couldnt give the real reason, so claimed it to be for family reasons. I'm sure I wouldnt want to captain a team with these problems ..... just a thought

Not nice for anyone to die that young, no matter how or why. Sport is supposed to 'save' our young from mixing with the wrong crowds.

Chris was a fantastic player and I hope he is remembered in that way

Reply #150926 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

And maybe that is why Judd didn't include the Hawks as a club of interest.

Reply #150957 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Interesting call Paul....

Reply #151003 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:12 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754