rotate on this
Years ago

JOE INGLES ?

Don't want to jump the gun too much here but the guy looks like he has lost weight and strength when those were the 2 things he needed to work hard on .
Plus he was blowin hard after 2 minutes .
Is there something else goin on behind the scenes or does he think his natural talent is all he needs , hence spending the offseason on the piss and bucketies .
I think this kid has severe talent and a more naturally suited game to Europe or the NBA but time goes quickly .
Thoughts anyone ?

Topic #12996 | Report this topic

Nino  
Years ago

No idea, but he isn't playing well tonight thats for sure. Streaky player though, so perhaps can turn it on in the 2nd half.

Reply #151193 | Report this post

balling is life  
Years ago

leave ma boy alone!! love to get on him quickly. and to say he's been on the piss all off season is bullshit. the bloke had Boomers camps and tours. he hardly had any time off. watch him dominate again this year and "wow" you. You'll end up eating ur words. he is the Dragons X factor - and depending on whether he's up or down, will definitely determine his team results. For those that know joe like myself, he is more than just a gun player. he is a bloke that lifts ppl's spirits off the court and when not needed and ppl rise with that as well as his awesome on court ability!! Will be in the Boomers Olympics team next year!!

Wish he was back home here playing, but was never offered the opportunity he had there - was going to have to fight for 11/12th spot week in week out with the Sixers. BAhahaha!!

We lose all our young guns from Adelaide; Newley, Oscar, Jacob, Brad Hill, Ryan Kersten and Joe. Imagine if we could've tried to rotate these lads through and give them a go, not just minutes, but a decent go...wouldn't have needed the likes of Wheeler 2nd time round, or Copes, or Timmons.

Reply #151197 | Report this post

balling is life  
Years ago

The guy has that much passion, committment for the game and where he wants to go, obviously the NBA, and you question whether he reckons his talent is all he needs. cmon mate, ya gotta be kidding. I don't know too many ppl that work harder than he does!!!

Reply #151198 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Was asking the question so to hear your input is good BIL .
As i said he is a major talent and if he has the drive and work ethic then cool , just looks well knaffed tonight , maybe a little burnt out ?

Reply #151199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was still the dragons best tnight.

14, 8 and 5 isnt bad.

Just missed a few jumpers.

Cant be stopped on penetration.

Reply #151203 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

BLL - Holmes and Forman were both given a "decent go" to say the very least. Whatever opinions of their abilities may be, things would have turned out differently had the whole BASA financial situation not blown up at the time. Newley and Jingles obviously chose not to sign with us to start their careers - what else were the Sixers supposed to do? Brad Hill was just starting to get some decent minutes and form together as he was murdered by Abney.

I'm all for nurturing and maintaining local talent, but things aren't as simple or clear-cut as you make out.

Reply #151204 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

BIL I mean...

Reply #151205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this guy is so overated its ridiculous he cost us tonight big time and made some silly mistakes

Reply #151206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

loughton made him look stupid on defence a heap of times.

Reply #151207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the 3 step layup king

Reply #151215 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Joe needs to get back to basics.

I mean, I taught my 8yo son to ALWAYS follow your shot, and here's an NBL player turning his back on offensive rebounds? Twice tonight the ball came straight back at him from the front of the rim and both times Perth got it because he'd already turned around.

I LOVE Joe......I really do, but talent will not get you far if you forget the basics.

That said, he CAN be a star and the Dragons looked 10 times better with him driving, penetrating and dishing.

Their talent is OK (although Tez and Horvath is NOT an upgrade on K and Ro) but their offence is garbage and defnesively they looked lost.

Heal needs to learn that coaching is not just about assembling a roster. They need guidance and they need it bad.

I wonder what will happen, also, if they end up 0-5 or 0-6?

Reply #151223 | Report this post

balling is life  
Years ago

Ben, i really dont reckon Jacob and Oscar were given the real opportunity that is in fron of them now with their respective clubs. In saying that, that is what i meant by the 36ers not giving them a decent go. Probably not putting them in down the stretch, or going to Jacob for an inside bucket when needed, or setting up a play for Oscar to hit the 3-ball coz Mahersy is being heavily guarded.

i dont know about Newley, but i stated why joe never signed here in adelaide. the 36ers originally weren't going to sign him, then through him the minimum of minimum salaries and opportunities - which i said he was told he'd have to battle for 11/12th spot week in week out. Where as given the green light, the opportunity, the confidence in him at the Dragons - he has blossomed and is what Adelaide really missed out on.

I would really love to see the 36ers have Oscar, Jacob, Newley, Hill, Ingles and Kersten on their roster again one day - and i hope they do this over the likes of the above 30yr old blokes we brought in last yr. I just doubt whether how many really want to come back (apart from Newley obviously)....i know joe doesn't.

Dicko, i didnt see the game, but with joe turning his back were the big guys in the paint meant to be rebounding for the dragons or what. Maybe he saw that there was, if there was, the big lads already there and hoping they'd get it and perhaps he wouldnt go nuts for the rebound but cover the backcourt so no fast break was available...But as i said i didnt see the game, so thought i'd ask that.

Reply #151224 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Dude, you ALWAYS follow your shot.

The highest percentage of misses are goign to come directly (or close to) where the ball came from, it's basics.

I must admit, I am talking about outside shots. Inside, yes, let the big men scrap for it and get yourself back. But a 3 pointer or long 2 should always be followed in by the shooter.

Reply #151230 | Report this post

Coach  
Years ago

Dicko, it is wrong to say that you ALWAYS follow your shot. There is a school of thought that players who "follow their shot" shoot off balance as they are on the move to the hoop while they are shooting. Also, a player with a back court coverage assignment in transition defense would not follow his shot because he would give up a sure layup at the other end.

Reply #151235 | Report this post

Micky D  
Years ago

Dicko, you are wrong on all counts.

First the highest percentage of misses end up on the opposite side of the ring.

Second, you do not always want an outside shooter following their shot. It depends on who is shooting, the ball, where they are shooting it from and the backcourt coverage responsibilities.

Reply #151236 | Report this post

Ricky Wong  
Years ago

sooo when is the big wedding Joe Ingles and Balling for life ...

Reply #151238 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Alright....I will accept that I could be wrong about ALWAYS follwing your shot.

Do you turn your back on the ball?

Reply #151241 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

A few things that were obvious .

He looked exhausted and unwell .

Perth physically challenged Ingles at every opportunity and made him look like a weakling .
He needs to get on a nutritional plan including supplements to add strength and vitality to his wiry frame . By no means am i saying to go beefcake but he has 3-4 years of hard work ahead that will really dictate his future .

Showed a bad attitude on many occasions.

Again , i don't know the backround story and there may be underlying contributors .

Sidenote _ Alex Loughton was a treat , nice size , great mobility , excellent positioning , velvet touch . And to listen to him after the match he has his head screwed on , BIG future .

Reply #151243 | Report this post

balling is life  
Years ago

rotate, i hear heaps about Loughton and made him a must in my NBL dream team along with Jawai. can you give me more of an insight to his game etc, do they go to him much and let him play or what?? rebound well??

Wonga, joe and i are planning it sometime next yr after Beijing when the boys come back with a Medal!!

Reply #151257 | Report this post

balling is life  
Years ago

hey Isaac, can i ask what Oscar's reasons for leaving Adelaide were?? as im sure you would know. is it a possibility coz of not getting much of a decent go?!?

Reply #151258 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Perth go to Loughton a fair bit, however from last night's game,I would say he has a natural "feel" for the game. Right place at the right time in offence and defence. Sweet jumpshot on him, couple of pull up three's, and good rebounding.

Good head on his shoulders as well, sounded pretty level headed.

Reply #151259 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Rashad Phillips looked pretty good as well last night

What happened to Damien Ryan?....Does anyone know?

Reply #151262 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Ryan went back to Europe I think.

Reply #151275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

leave joe alone.. its the 2nd game of the season IDIOTS! its so pathetic how people jump straight onto a player who had a unreal 1st season.. untill any of u that write ridiculous comments on this site are actually winning rookie of the year, dont write SHIT about others who are!

Reply #151310 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:46 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754