Anonymous
Years ago

Boo Ang Marino movement

I agree its time to get back supporting our girls but in true adelaide fan fashion i propose that we boo the latest Villan in basketball, maybe the biggest of all time in Angela Marino!
Everytime little princess touches the ball we should all boo until she gets rid of the ball.
Wonder if Vince then will lock out all fans them cos his lttle girl isnt getting her way!

Boo Marino movement has begun!

Topic #13154 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good and Bad Idea. Good because it's gets the message across but bad because it makes the fans look childish.

Reply #153400 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Terrible idea IMO.

Reply #153404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why dont you just grow up, that may solve a few issues

Reply #153418 | Report this post

new start  
Years ago

that is not helping at all - lose it.

too much on angela - i think the wilkins thing had a lot to do with it as well.

SUPPORT OUR GIRLS

Reply #153420 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I'm interested in the Wilkins thing. Surely the decision to cut her - and pay out her contract I assume - would ultimately rest with Marino. To say that a difference of opinion on that matter influenced Lucas' sacking doesn't make sense.

Reply #153424 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

An idiotic idea.

Reply #153431 | Report this post

Buns of Steel  
Years ago

Well it will be the last lightning game I go to until the Marinos are out of there!.

I am going to boo my lungs out, sorry Isaac

Reply #153434 | Report this post

Buns of Steel  
Years ago

P.S. Yeah leats all make a protest by going to the next game and cheering on the whole team????

No, the owner has to get the message loud and clear; I will boo him if I see him otherwise sorry princess, you are gonna cop it.

Thats something daddy wont be able to stop with his money!

Reply #153436 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Just let them play ball and get on with your lives. No need to boo anyone, these things happen and we cant always change them.

Reply #153439 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Seriously, if you feel so strongly about this and you're going to the games, then DON'T cheer Angela. Booing will disrupt other fans who perhaps disagree, whereas not cheering her plays won't.

Save the booing for Shane Heal if you have to.

Reply #153450 | Report this post

simon kerle  
Years ago

finally a break for me and my hairstylist.

Reply #153472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like her. And she is easily the hottest on the team. Go Marino, give em heaps.

Reply #153491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

simple protest is dont go to games!!!!! dont boo its pathetic if u wanna protest dont go

Reply #153499 | Report this post

youloser  
Years ago

u r pathetic and childish, she had nothing 2 do with it and probably already feels like a piece of dirt without your stupid and horiroble jeering. do everyone a favor and stay away from the game, the girls need our support

Reply #153503 | Report this post

fox82  
Years ago

Well I took my 13 year old daughter to the Lightening Basketball last week for the first time. She really enjoyed the atmosphere even though we lost. We had planned to take her to future games. While I know very little about the politics of it all, the intended behaviour some have spoken about above is quite feral. If you can't support Angela, dont. But the other team members at the very least deserve everyone's support as they have had a very tumultuous week. I would really like to take my daughter again, but do not want her to witness any feral behaviour. Please support the rest of the team - and if you must protest, silence is golden in relation to Angela.

Reply #153507 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

She had everything to do with this situation, are you completely blind !!!!!! She thinks that her team mates love her but they absolutly despise her, they just cant show it they would be sacked !!!!

Reply #153509 | Report this post

Larry  
Years ago

The worst is yet to come. This was always on the cards when they allowed 'him' (the Marino's) to buy the lightning, how else does your daughter make 1st 5. I only hope Vicky is not his puppet.

Reply #153512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Larry, I think you'll find she was easily in the first 5 at Perth, she payed quite a lot of minutes for Canberra and she was in the first 5 at the Olympics and did really well there. You cant tell me her daddy had anythig to do with those things!!

Turst me i know the family reasonably well and am not a fan of Vince at all, however i think Angela is copping a lot more crap then she deserves.

Reply #153524 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

As (what i would consider) a fairly disinterseted observer (been in Jap. for 3 years - and only had a passing interest in the womens game when in OZ)- it's a bit rich to hook into the girl when we don't know how much she had to do with the firing... We know by all accounts that Vinny pulled the trigger and and behaved like a troglodyte to boot - but that's it... It's pretty peurile and potentially unfair to take this out on the daughter...

Reply #153527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Grow up people.

Reply #153528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She doesn't care what people think - she doesn't care about other people as long as she is achieving in her basktball and knowing Ang booing her would give her every reason in the world to try harder and play harder that's just who she is.

Reply #153559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lay off. The girl has the skills. You don't get as far as she has without having talent.

Reply #153583 | Report this post

$$  
Years ago

Or the money.

Reply #153619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

or the daddy to do it for her!!!!

Reply #153627 | Report this post

random  
Years ago

for those who are bagging ange you are all so pathetic. if all u can do is get on here and bitch about her then u really have a lot of time on ur hands.

grow up.

lets see u get out on the court and do ange's job. haha. can u even play? im thinking no u can't.

so if u wont to boo ange then dont come cuz no1 will want you there :)

her dad and her are two SEPERATE people so dont be immature about how u are going to treat her.

Reply #154692 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:38 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754