ritz
Years ago

Carlos Powell cut by Warriors

i see carlos powell got cut. i reckon hes a gun, whats the story there?

Topic #13175 | Report this topic

Nick  
Years ago

He might be a gun but remember it's the NBA, not the NBL. It's ridiculously hard to make a team.

Reply #153788 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

His skills are useful at the NBL level but in the NBA he is too small. If Chappell doesn't start picking it up soon maybe a straight swap!?

Reply #153826 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

hes not too small for NBA there are plenty of 6'7" SF's. Just dont think he could be a role-player on an NBA team, he has to be the #1 guy.

Reply #153829 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I wouldn't call him a true SF though. He's probably a combo forward, so he is a little undersized. But I think his best skills at NBL level were his strength and athleticsm, both of which would be nullified at NBA level.

Reply #153833 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

He's still not that old and I think he still stands a chance of cracking a roster in the future. If he has the mentality of having to be the No 1 guy then he'll have problems because if he does make it he'll be far from the No. 1 guy in the NBA.

Reply #153837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Powell in Adelaide would be the greatest thing to happen to this city since Mike McKay hung up his short shorts!

Reply #153883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Powell is only 24. First year out of college was spent in Aus. Sixers could get a good 10 years out of him.

Reply #153993 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think he'd be interested, to be honest. I reckon he'd butt heads with Smyth very quickly. Not really a team player.

Reply #154039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We need a pure scorer.. that Powell is

No one on our team looks like scoring 25+ points per game on a regular basis

Reply #154106 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:19 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754