Aims
Years ago

Breakers vs Slingers

Wanted to know what your thoughts are on this match. I hope for the Breakers sake that they can put this on ein the bag and get their road trip off to good start.

Topic #13180 | Report this topic

Max  
Years ago

yea hopefully they win.. the score is 58-49 to the breakers with 21 seconds in the half..so good so far for the breakers..as usual penney and rickert are playing well, both have scored in double figures

Reply #153860 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Breakers really need to win this one - got off to a good start before the Slingers had a 13-0 run. Penney has just hit a three and a two and it's 49-58 with 21 seconds before the half.

The road trip is only going to get harder from here.

Reply #153861 | Report this post

Aims  
Years ago

Tell me about it, I'm actually travelling over to Melbourne to meet up with the team on a supporters tour, so where going to be in for some exciting basketball.

Can any one tell me how Oscar going point wise lst time i looked he was on 9.

Reply #153862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who is top point scorer

Reply #153869 | Report this post

Aims  
Years ago

For the Breakers, kirk peeney is on 11
For the Slingers, Grizzard is on 15 at the end of the second quarter.

Reply #153870 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Live scores died. Another site says that the Breakers are up 81-100 in the fourth. Not sure if the game has finished or not.

Edit: Still going. 88-104 now.

Reply #153871 | Report this post

Aims  
Years ago

Thanks for that Isaac thought it was a bit weird. Does it tell us who the top scorer was?

Reply #153873 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

89-106. No info on scorers.

Reply #153874 | Report this post

Aims  
Years ago

How much longer is there to go or is that it?

Reply #153876 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Breakers win: 99-116.

Reply #153877 | Report this post

Aims  
Years ago

Thanks for that Isaac, without your site people like me in New Zealand would have to wait till morning to find out the score since the site broke down. Good on the breakers one down and two to go. Now i just have to wait to see the box score to see how they did in their individual scoring.

Reply #153880 | Report this post

Surmdog  
Years ago

Breakers win 116-99

Grizzard 25pts 6rebs 2ass
Cameron 16pts 3rebs
Helms 15pts 6rebs 7ass
Janev 14pts 10rebs
Knight 14pts

penney 24pts 5rebs 3ass
rickert 23pts 3rebs 1ass
Vikona 10pts 14rebs
Foreman 17pts
Jones 15pts
Turner 12pts
Ronaldson 11pts 5rebs 5ass

Reply #153886 | Report this post

The Breakers was the best team tonigt because they took advantage of the Slingers poor defence which allowed them to shoot in many instances uncontested.

A poor match by Helms who seemed to be lacking interest, energy and leadership. Maybe it would have been better to bench Helms for more of the match.When the Slingers played up tempo with Grizzard, Knight, Janev, Fitzgerald and McDonald it was a completely different team than when Helms was on slowing down the tempo.Unfortunately Helms played 40:23 and his 3 point shooting was terrible.

Oscar shot well inparticular when he was left free . Still disappointing to see his total lack of offensive rebounding and lack of willingness to go to the basket.

Ryan Kersten had a promising evening with 4 good assists.

Overall Kirk Penney was the Breakers best player while for the Slingers Ben Knight and Grizzard contributed well.

Reply #153888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Man! the slingers have 3 good players in Knight, Helms and Gizzard and the rest are just Aussie youngsters. Shocker of a roster. Singapore - get a freakin Asian import!

Reply #153910 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:14 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754