Max
Years ago

Mika Vukona Appreciation Thread

I think he is just a great player..
i mean he is only 6"5 yet you always see him pulling down 15 boards a game at least..
He always has to match up against bigger opponents and still manages to outrebound them..

it's dissappointin Lemanis doesnt use him as an offensive threat as he is a very good offensive threat as shown in the NZNBL when he avged sumthing like 25 a game as well as his usual 15 + boards!

HE IS THE MOST UNDERRATED PLAYER IN THE NBL!

Topic #13181 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Has 9 rebounds at half-time tonight - definitely has a talent for getting on the boards.

Not sure if they need him as an offensive focus with other scorers in the line-up, but I do think he could be used more in the way that Mark Nash once was in Adelaide to really try and shut down a known scorer from the other team. e.g., against Adelaide, might've had more luck defending Chappell than Forman.

Reply #153863 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

There are a few of you that know if i was starting a team in the NBL Mika would be the one i would build the starting 5 around.

Totally agree he is the most under rated player in the NBL. His per minute stats are through the roof.

The guy is a beast at both ends on the glass and provides great hustle and heart.

Reply #153872 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

2nd license on the books Fitz????

Reply #153881 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Mika Vukona, $60k.
Nathan Jawai, $80k.
NBL license, $1m.
BenFitz running Vukona and Jawai for 48 MPG because "Look at how many rebounds they're getting!", priceless.

Reply #153884 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

he just got 14 boards last night in their win vs singapore compared with rickert who only got 3..

Reply #153896 | Report this post

Nathan Jawaii  
Years ago

Are you cheating on me Ben? I thought I was your boy!

Reply #153897 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

Nath,
you know that Mika was my first true love. Yes you have many qualities that i could see myself falling for over the longer term. How ever i will stay faithful to Mika. Lets just say it was bad timing and i will always be able to read you stat line from afar.

Reply #153902 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I disagree I think Vukona is over rated if anything. The way the NZ'er commentators rave about him is over the top. He plays very erratic, his pass's are usually terrible, picks up cheap fouls and from what I have seen so far has no offensive ability. The only thing going for him is that he seems to intimidate opposition big guys when he is defending.

Reply #153912 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Blasphemy!

Reply #153944 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"he just got 14 boards last night in their win vs singapore" Yes, 14 boards in 16 minutes game time. theres a stat.

Reply #154072 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

LOL Isaac!

Reply #154082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mika vukona = legend

Reply #195822 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:43 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754