Rite
Years ago

NBL a dying league???

Is it time for the NBL to expand into a South East Asian competition?

Topic #1319 | Report this topic

MW  
Years ago

I think you'll find that Melbourne are playing some games in Asia this year so it is a possibility

Reply #15023 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

yeah, but is a SEA team going to be competitive? A lot of security concerns too.

I think a tournament should be started for national/club teams in region, like the McDonalds Cup. That'd get coverage and a few bucks on the side, not to mention promotion for the NBL.

Opening ceremony could be a big pinyata of Heal that everyone bashes wide open!

Reply #15026 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Why not use the real Shane Heal...

Reply #15028 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

love your work MW lol!

Reply #15030 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

See how it all goes with melbourne but i think Rick B should be looking to get fta or try to pump up our comp in australia more.

But if it works than ill east my words.

Should be interesting to see the crowd numbers as a whole for the league this year.

Reply #15032 | Report this post

Tyler  
Years ago

Maher is a much better player than Heal. I may be biased but he is more efficient player than heal. If only he got more time in the sydney and athens olympics. Heal was given too much court time. I wonder if it had anything to do with that Gorjian fella being head coach...?? Speaking of Gorjian, he should be sacked as head coach. Smyth hardly got a chance...

Reply #15033 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

You will find that 3 owners in the league are pushing heavily to be involved in the Asian market.

This was used as a tool to get the salary cap down with the Big 3 levaraging their willingness to leave the NBL to compete in Asia if the cap was not brought down.

Perth have had the biggest TV audience in NBL history when a recent match was broadcast into Asia.

Reply #15038 | Report this post

biasbinding  
Years ago

tyler barry barnes was olympic coach in sydney and he didn't give Maher the time he deserved either

Reply #15055 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:08 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754