XztatiK
Years ago

Ballinger's start to the season

Quiet start to the season by his standards. His shooting from outside doesnt seem to be as lethal as it was with the hawks. maybe too much time im the weights room and not enough on the court. I think hes the key to the 6ers season, if he can finish with averages of 23 and 10 we can make the 8.

Topic #13196 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

His shooting from outside doesnt seem to be as lethal as it was with the hawks.
That's a polite interpretation! 48% last year, 8% this year.

Decent from the field (50%) and quality from the line (89%).

Can only convert when he's given the ball. Lowest score (14, vs Crocs) was when he only played 29 minutes.

I think he's been pretty good to date. I don't know that he'll finish averaging 10 RPG, but if he can stick around 18-20 PPG he's doing well.

Reply #154041 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Where's his rebounding avg at now Isaac?

Reply #154049 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

6-7 RPG.

Reply #154051 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

Ballanger is a GUN. Always has been, The problem with us , we don't know what to do with a big man. We had Hoarvath last year and he struggled for the Ball. Ballanger is having the same. 6ers have never really played under Phil with a big inside presents. We had Reese but he was taking up room and getting rebounds and what not.

Now that we have a real threat, Sixers flowing offence doesn't have time for the big guys. Just give him the damn ball and let him do his thing. Our shooters will still get there shots, but they will be open.

Reply #154068 | Report this post

skink  
Years ago

well said flip, ballinger is all quality and should have a good year, if we give him the ball.Bringing the big man out in d guarding him means we might actually score of a drive instead of putting up a contested shot.Go sixers i hate sydney.

Reply #154086 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:56 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754