ASIO Agent
Years ago

Two hands instantly a foul???

I was watching some div 1 games last night and continually noticed that players had both hands on the ball carrier / cutter / and even the rebounder with no foul's being called.

Is it still not an instant foul or has it come under the advantage/disadvantage crap???

Topic #13335 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simple solution - one elbow

Reply #155676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have been told by numerous ref's at junior div 1 level that it falls under the advantage/disadvantage crap. My argument has and always will be is that it is an advantage to the defense and a disadvantage to the offense. I've also been told that palming th ball and changing pivot feet also falls under advantage/disadvantage crap.
I suggest that we can reduce BSA costs by not having any ref's at all and let the players decide if it is an advantage/disadvantage.

Reply #155689 | Report this post

wow  
Years ago

Anon you twit.
2 Hands on is a foul - No advantage comes in to it.

1 Hand on means it must not stay on (particularly with the ball handler)

If it restricts the offence then it is a foul.

Reply #155693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow, you have no idea of who i am so please do not call me a twit, it makes you look like 1.
My question then to your almighty response is, why isn't it called?

Reply #155697 | Report this post

1ref  
Years ago

Two hands on a player must be a foul because the player is being HELD in position.

It is in the points of emphasis for the NBL/WNBL/ABA.

Reply #155703 | Report this post

wow  
Years ago

I called you a twit because you have showed ignorance by not knowing the rules yet you go and make a comment about not having umpires and making calls yourself.

division 1 juniors to do not always have good umpires on the games and so the reason it is not always called is either they do not know the rules or heave forbid make mistakes

Reply #155706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow, please explain which rules i do not understand? And i shall call you a twit by not recognising sarcasm re: not having umpires.

"division 1 juniors to do not always have good umpires on the games and so the reason it is not always called is either they do not know the rules or heave forbid make mistakes"

They do have a senior umpire who should know the rules and also an umpire in charge who "should" be checking on the games at various stages, and as for mistakes, hey, everyone makes them.

Reply #155711 | Report this post

me 3  
Years ago

Some stadiums use the "no blood no foul" rule

Reply #156023 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:48 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754