Satish Dogra
Years ago

seven minutes of threes

Without question the greatest drill ever invented for the game of basketball.

You hear whispers of legendary scores: can anyone confirm or deny that a Mr D. Ng once posted a two-ball, two-rebounder score above 90? That translates into more than 13 a minute, or one less than every five seconds - otherwise known as shooting the absolute living crap out of it.

Other reliable, believable scores welcome to be posted.

Topic #1334 | Report this topic

Liam Flynn  
Years ago

Darren had 93 on the centre court of the Powerhouse (main entrance end) in a State Team practice in U/18s. Jarrod Graves was his passer and needless to say 'Cheif' didnt have to venture too far from underneath the basket that day to rebound!

Reply #15309 | Report this post

Stella Artois  
Years ago

So liam just 1 ball and 1 rebounder. Phenom!

Reply #15310 | Report this post

Satish Dogra  
Years ago

Liam,

This sounds as if it was a one-ball, one-rebounder effort, which makes it even more impressive (ie able to get less shots up).

Do you have any other scores (high or low) which make for entertaining reading?

Reply #15311 | Report this post

Camel Toe  
Years ago

John Rillie 110 (2 balls and rebounders I think)

Reply #15313 | Report this post

Liam Flynn  
Years ago

As far as I can remember it was one ball and one passer, because we would have wanted as many players shooting as possable and less players standing around. I will stand corrected if one of the players/coaches remembers better then I, it was 4 or 5 years ago.

Either way, it was truely a fantastic performance!

One that I heard of but didn't see for myself, but was pretty amazing non the less, was Angela Marino getting high 60s for the same drill. She was a special shooter as a junior for a player her size.

Reply #15317 | Report this post

Satish Dogra  
Years ago

Judging by some previous Marino-related posts on this forum, one could argue a lot of her game in the last 6-12 months bears a remarkable resemblance to the seven minutes of threes drill.

Reply #15341 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

I rebounded for Wilkey at Starplex about 3 years ago and he got something like 61/67, and hit his first 35 shots. It was only 5 minutes, not 7 though.
The best shooting performance I have ever witnessed, we were both in shock afterwards!!!!

Reply #15348 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

i once rebounded for gun dad he got somewhere in the high 70s

Reply #15367 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

D NG's record was confirmed by neal gliddon at a T.I camp in 16's that i was at.

Reply #15379 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

No doubt these guys have done some amazing stuff, but it's not a patch on "big Ed", Eddie Palubinskas.

http://freethrowmaster.com/Freethrow/About/about.html

Reply #15386 | Report this post

slit your guts  
Years ago

i once nearly got kicked out a training because i laughed because darren ng hit about 20 3's in a row

Reply #15487 | Report this post

Scott Butler  
Years ago

It was with one ball and one rebounder (J Graves) at an Under 18 State training on court 3 at Forestville. He scored 93. The same year at State trainings Jarrad Graves and Brenton Campbell scored in the 80´s and David Shepherd was in the 70´s. Everybody in the team scored at least 50 at some stage. Pretty impressive shooting, huh?

Reply #15584 | Report this post

Camel Toe  
Years ago

I think Panther's record is six. Rumour has it that his rebounder was rushed to hospital suffering from severe exhaustion.

Reply #15595 | Report this post

Satish Dogra  
Years ago

Hmmm...I think Ng's 93 needs to be revised UP if S. Butler says it occurred on the old Forestville Court 3 - that court had some of the worst rings in Adelaide (as bad as Court 1's were good). I reckon you could add at least another 5 to that 93, taking that into account.

JR's 110 is a good score, if true.

Apparently when they drill this with the Sixers they merely count Reesy's attempts, as it takes him so long to get his shot off. The whisper is that his PB is less than 20 (attempts, not makes).

Reply #15625 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:34 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754