Isaac
Years ago

Preview: 36ers vs Razorbacks on Saturday

Adelaide will be coming off the loss to the Blaze. Pigs went out hard against the Slingers to build a massive lead, let them back in (Grizzard mostly) and then DeVries threw them back out.

Thoughts on this game?

Who's in and out for Adelaide? Maher could miss another game, Ballinger has the sore back and Chappell rolled an ankle (but kept playing at the time)?

Topic #13717 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

No Maher, no 36ers. No offence (pun) to the rest of the squad......

Reply #160030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"It would be unacceptable for us to say on Saturday we lost because Mike was out or Balls or Mahersy.' - which is in fact what you are doing Phil. F%ck me, people aren't idiots.

Reply #160038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They will have to be careful about playing that piss ant zone against Razorbacks because Hinson nad Devries can shoot the piss out of it.

Razorbacks by 7.

Reply #160055 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I am really looking forward to this game - Hinson, DeVries, Rush, Khazzouh, plus I'm always hoping that Dann comes good eventually.

If anyone has firm info as to whether Chappell, Maher and Ballinger will be suiting, post away.

Reply #160056 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

is it time to say....who cares?

Reply #160075 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

West Sydney by 12

Can't be assed going - giving my ticket to my mum. maybe she can take some knitting or something to relieve the boredom ;-)

ShaneD

Reply #160076 | Report this post

hoop fiend  
Years ago

what a soap opera..

looks like Brett is not playing according to NBL.com despite him saying in the paper this morning that he wanted to play to ensure the forwards were being fed the ball..

Will Chappell play even though it looks like he is already gone?

Will Darren and Sutts pass him the ball if they think its his last game anyway?

Have the Sixers targetted any US Import or Australian potential replacements?

does anyone really care? not really until the 36ers make a move or some players significantly step up.

Reply #160094 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Wouldn't it be good just to see some form of excitement come back into the Sixers. Have never been so bored watching basketball in my life.

Reply #160099 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Pigs by 7.... Rush and Hinson carry them to the win..

Reply #160102 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

me if you dont care. is it fair to say ur not a true sixers supporter?

Reply #160110 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

"Can't be assed going - giving my ticket to my mum. maybe she can take some knitting or something to relieve the boredom ;-)"

What great supporters you guys are, then you complain about crowd levels.

Reply #160112 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

hehe point taken Kobe,

perhaps the statement was a little rash, frustration speaking rather than logic.

Sixers by 1 in double OT, after an inspired time out is called.

Reply #160117 | Report this post

thirtysuxer  
Years ago

Just what would you define as a great or true supporter Skud ?
Perhaps staying away is the only way to show management that the lame excuses (Need time to gel, no calls going our way, player x broke a fingernail e.t.c.) and broken promises (New cube by December, we will return the sixers to the top) have got to stop.
Nothings going to change as long as 4000+ people keep coming through the doors, and the general will be re-signed for another 50 years.

Reply #160118 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

For anyone saying you are not interested in going I would recommend you do go along. OK so the Sixers are dissappointing - but dont miss the opportunity to see the Pigs. Get along and watch how they are as a team, see the interaction within the group and coach. Check out Darnell Hinson, as if he plays to his potential he is worth admittance on his own. This is a young team on the rise - they have great chemistry and enjoy playing together and make basketball fun!

Reply #160121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i agree with statman, i am a season ticket holder with the sixers however few weeks ago when i noticed west sydneys rise, i just couldnt wait to see them play here against us. Cannot wait to see West sydney play against us- they are a team the 36ers should try and model itself on in the next year or so - young team with good young aussie ballers and 2 good imports. Lovely lol

Reply #160123 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Interesting reading Boti that Maher is asking to play but sixers unlikely to let him ? ! ?
Ballinger will play but has a bit of back trouble.
Chappell hasn't trained with a rolled ankled but may play.
And he has said what a lot of hoops posters have said, that Chappell and Dench , their best is behind them now. Dench not the right fit, give Dodman some minutes.

Reply #160195 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

This will be my first 36ers game in a couple of years but if they are playing crap at least I will get to see a few of the Razorbacks perform. Kazzouh, Hinson, and Rush. So win, win for me.

And I am not paying for the ticket.......

Reply #160217 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Perhaps Phil will run some of his bench.
with Maher, Ballinger and Chappell not fit.
maybe sixers by one point.
wonder about the crowd maybe 3400.

Reply #160220 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Camel - for a good crowd: Saturday, no Fox, new faces on the opposition; against a good crowd: getting into the festive season means lots of office parties and the like, later game could deter families, not a big-name opponent. I reckon 3,900.

Reply #160223 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:58 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754