Kriss
Years ago

Tricks 4 Oscar In The Dunk Comp.

Well now that the big fella has made it we may as well help him out with a couple of tricks to score some points from the judges-

Brett Maher does a nice 'bounce of the floor alley-oop' to himself nearly every warm up.

Maybe go between the legs 'Vince Carter' style!

Go Oscar! Show 'em white men can jump!

Topic #1372 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I dropped into the Dome today and we went through the options. Oscar is refusing to try my suggestion, which involves setting a basketball on fire in mid-air.

Reply #15774 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

He could jump through a ring of fire- grab a basketball thrown to him in mid air and throw it down!!!!

Blind folded (Dee Brown '91)

Reply #15775 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Has he tried my suggestion of bouncing it off the backboard of the opposite ring, letting the ball bounce mid court, and then grabbing it at the free throw line to launch it for a 360 windmill jam??

:)

Reply #15780 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Kriss,
Dee Brown pumped his Reeboks...Cedric Ceballos was blind folded

Reply #15781 | Report this post

bob  
Years ago

try a couple of dunks off nba live 2005. throw it off a camera and jam it down backwards

Reply #15782 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dee Brown held his arm in front of his face for one dunk I think.

I found an Australian site today with a history of MJ's dunk competition exploits with descriptions (mostly confusing) of his dunks and those of his competitors in each round at each All Star game. Here it is.

Reply #15783 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Dee Brown did cover his eyes as he dunked. Cheers Issac...Unlucky Kent.

And Cedric even admmited he could see through the blindfold on Inside NBA

Reply #15811 | Report this post

Tyler  
Years ago

I think Oscar should ask Brett Rainbow

Reply #15812 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I think you're on to something with that mid air fire trick dunk Isaac. All he'd have to do is douse the ball in that highly flamable stuff firebreathers use (when no one's watching), get a mouthful of said liquid (cleverly taken from a pre-arranged guzzler) and approach the hoop with a lighter tucked into the shorts. Moments before take off he can whip the lighter out and at the point of take off spray a mouthful of liquid towards the ball with the flame of the lighter between his mouth and the ball. The rest writes itself, there will be pandamonium in the crowd, people will be going crazy, the quality of the dunk is immaterial. In fact, I don't think people will care if it doesn't even go through the hoop.

I'm pretty sure that stuff burns at a low heat so there's not a massive risk of permanent scarring or disfiguration, 1st degree burns at the worst. A small price to pay to go down in the pages of history as the most outrageous and audatious dunk ever attempted.

Reply #15866 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

Billo! Pure genius. I doubt that there would ever be a dunk that would be more talked about IN THE WORLD! I say do it ozzie.

By the way... in light of all the Dee Brown posts [although this will reveal my identity] i have 2 pairs of Reebok Pumps that i would glady loan Oscar for the dunk comp. 1 is Size 15 the other 16 so fit should not be a problem... Issac, give him the word ;)

Reply #15884 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Billo and BC -- my plan was to douse the ball in fluid, ensuring to hold it only in the left hand. Tuck a lighter into a wristband on the right hand. Fire it up, but hold your hand back so as not to singe yourself.

Throw the ball up so that it bounces up near the ring. Run, take off, make contact (ball ignites), hammer it home. Undertake all of this with lights dimmed for maximum effect.

Make sure the ball is extinguished before the floor burns or the contact point where it bounces catches fire.

That would win.

He has a few dunks under consideration, but Rob Brown is probably a Spud Webb type freak and it might all be a waste of time. Haha.

Reply #15887 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Here's the photo from the backpage of The Advertiser today:

Reply #15892 | Report this post

Doctor dunk  
Years ago

He should try a lob let it bounce then a windmill jam. A foul line dunk will be handy towards the end of the comp if he gets that far.

Reply #15904 | Report this post

Sam  
Years ago

try a 360 between the legs

Reply #42554 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Sam, where have you been for the last 7 months...under a rock???

Reply #42558 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Panther ... how did Oscar go ?

Reply #42559 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Haha. anon -- Oscar had an ankle injury and was forced to withdraw. I saw the dunks he was going to attempt at the competition and while they weren't quite at the level of Liam Rush, or as showy as Rob Brown, he wouldn't have embarrassed himself.

Old news though.

Reply #42562 | Report this post

T-Star  
Years ago

Here's a dunk that'll be sure to put your name up there with MJ and VC. It's basically this. Go up for a two foot gather, then windmill the ball under your ass while your in a sitting position, like in a chair. Then scoop the ball back up top and slam it down while your first arm's still under your ass and your second's still hanging off the ring. Finally drop down, give a quick salute to the crown and strut back to your seat like you it was all nothing. That'll get you a fifty by anyone's standards.

Reply #162398 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Can u do that T-star?

Reply #162405 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:44 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754