Isaac
Years ago

NBL All-Star Game starters

World team: Corey Williams (Townsville), Ebi Ere (Brisbane), Kirk Penney (NZ), Shawn Redhage (Perth), Martin Muursepp (Melbourne).

Aussie team: CJ Bruton (Brisbane), Joe Ingles (South), Mark Worthington (Sydney), Chris Anstey (Melbourne), Nathan Jawai (Cairns).

Shame on the NBL for putting bland dud Muursepp in the list and on Tigers fans and jokers for selecting him as a starter.

Homicide, Ere, Ingles and Jawai are our top hopes out of this ten for some entertainment.

I vote for an electro-shock headband on Anstey that discharges every time he even thinks about jacking up a three instead of dunking it.

Topic #13780 | Report this topic

ANON12  
Years ago

It must have cost the "Fat Controller" a small fortune to get Muursepp into the game, never less a starter. The selectors certainly did not pick entertainers, or people (other than the three you noted) who can entertain the crowd as it should be in an all-star game.

Reply #160876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

agreed, when i looked at that line up the only name that surprised me is Murseep, he shouldn't even be playing let alone starting

Reply #160878 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

I cant believe the Tigers are still holding onto him.....He is a Dud!!!

Reply #160884 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Can someone with more ability than me please run a Chappell v Muursepp comparison for this season?

I've got them even for one category: sets of double-letters in their surname.

Re electro-shock headbands: good idea, but aren't they already in use, eg Ben Wallace and/or CJ Bruton?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Reply #160887 | Report this post

Greeny  
Years ago

Chappell: 30mpg, 11.4ppg, 4.1rpg, 1.6apg, FG 33%, 3P 26%, FT 54%

Muursepp: 27.6mpg, 9.8ppg, 4.5rpg, 2.5apg, FG 44%, 3P 17%, FT 56%

The big issue is FG%. I think Muursepp can afford to play more of a role in that Tigers team (as can Victor in the Kings team). As soon as Newley went we needed a dominant 3 man. If Newley had stayed a role player would've been OK (with a good FG%!).

Reply #160891 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Enlightening, thanks Greeny.

Reply #160892 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:39 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754