Anonymous
Years ago

How much does the senior summer season tell us

Only looking at the mens results really, its interesting to see who has finished in what places. Both West and Woodville finishing 1 and 2 but i believe they only have 1 name each to add back to their list North finishing third and looking most likely to win the summer again, but have 4 starters missing and a lot of kids playing and sturt in 4th who have the Ng boys to add and some kids playing.

What i am wondering is what can we tell from these results as far as what teams will be where come main season.

Again it looks like North are going to be strongest again, having made finals without their "stars", but will teams like West be able to stay around the mark and will Norwood improve back to where they were last year or does the results of the summer indicate they have no depth coming through?

I am interested on peoples thoughts as i dont really know what credit the summer season has...

Topic #13809 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

West with at least 2 big names to add.

Their 3 Academy guys are really stepping up too.

Reply #161337 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

Summer tells you nothing. You don't know which teams are going 100% and which teams are experimenting with different combinations or trying players out of their normal position.

It's a bit like the pre season in the AFL, which isn't always the best form guide for the main season.

Reply #161362 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

how about listing the ins to come back for teams
west have ??
sturt ngs - how certain is that
north will dusty return ?

Reply #161368 | Report this post

Jack B  
Years ago

Summer is a chance for teams to recruit.

(Mod: Rest deleted. Looked awfully like spam, Jack B...)

Reply #161592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville used over 20 blokes in their summer season team, so its fair to say they wern't too worried about getting wins and the same san be said for many teams.

Reply #161615 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:09 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754