Anonymous
Years ago

36ers - Doing Good Job Advertsing

Although the word "advertising" clearly doesn't exist in the NBL's dictionary that certainly hasn't stopped the 36ers getting their name out there. I have seen a reasonable 36ers ad on TV about 6 times (although they were all at about 3 or 4 in the afternoon) as well as a few big billboard ads and a few ads on the back of buses. Seem to be doing all they can with the money the have, good to see. Only problem is one of our poster boys is no longer on the team.

Topic #13887 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I still think they need to do a better job with getting the team out in public.

It doesnt cost any money to get the team to grow a Mo for Movember and get an article and photo of them in The Advertiser for it.

United and AFL teams generate this 'free' advertising brilliantly.

The 36ers do not.

Reply #162373 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Put Ballingers dunks in the Adverts, would get a few people I would think!

Reply #162403 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

dont know why your complaining about the 36ers having ads at 3-4 in afternoon, that right around the time they should be if they want young blood to come to the games, right after school when the kids get home what do they do? put the telly on

Reply #162418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not complaining, I'm just saying they're not on at prime time, which is understandable, and hey, I'm just glad they're on at all.

Reply #162424 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

their radio adds are weird...

Reply #162427 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Didn't know they had a radio ad, haven't heard it.

Well they sure are advertsing in many different ways: Bus, Billboard, TV and Radio.

Reply #162432 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

If we want to advertise to the kids we need to have an exciting team to back up that effort .

I understand winning is important and you don't have to jeopordise this but to get the fans back to games we have to rebuild the lost mojo and create a fast paced , athletic and exciting unit that will give folks something to talk about .

In a town like Adelaide with a knowledgeable basketball fan base word will travel quickly to friends , colleagues and casual supporters if there is something worth venturing out to the dome for .

The last few years has been the worst advertisement for the 36 ers simple as that .

Reply #162434 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Posted by Skud yesterday:
"Put Ballingers dunks in the Adverts, would get a few people I would think!"

Those dunks are ONLY VALID IF WE WIN. ; )

Reply #162442 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:07 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754