Gower's Ice Coffee
Years ago

Dodman - Game 1, the verdict?

Crap?

Discuss

Topic #13894 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

Haven't seen enough of him to judge, might be alright, but don't know unless he gets a bit of a run.

Reply #162502 | Report this post

Phil Smyth  
Years ago

runnin on adrenaline tonight... the young guns i think went a bit over the top and were just shooting it for no reason... Good on em for playing tight D though but offence needs a bit of work...

Reply #162503 | Report this post

Phil Smyth  
Years ago

runnin on adrenaline tonight... the young guns i think went a bit over the top and were just shooting it for no reason... Good on em for playing tight D though but offence needs a bit of work...

Reply #162504 | Report this post

RMM  
Years ago

Reply #162505 | Report this post

copycat ;)  
Years ago

Reply #162514 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Reply #162516 | Report this post

Robbo  
Years ago

I reckon they were runnin on adrenaline tonight... the young guns i think went a bit over the top and were just shooting it for no reason... Good on em for playing tight D though but offence needs a bit of work...

BTW, wats wid all the reposts?

Reply #162518 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

The guy made 1/1 fg and took 2 charges and got a few boards in what less than 5 minutes....not bad for a first game

Reply #162521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not bad for a guy who couldnt hack staying at AIS instead of home and then giving up possibly millions of dollars in the future in AFL for a few thousand in the NBL, why? because he wanted to travel, sorry but i think he had his chance with that in juniors. way overrated player, good ABL level, not worthy of all the talk in NBL standard

Reply #162524 | Report this post

Gordan Lilly  
Years ago

This guy is going to be Adelaides next "cult" figure... Took the hard hits... gave out a few as well...

I loved the chants from a couple of groups in the crowd... DODMAN...DODMAN... He looked up a couple of times and had a chuckle to himself.

Go Jordy, you show'em how a good SA country boy can sort out these overated college drop-outs

Reply #162552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how can you call someone an overrated college dropout? he couldnt handle a week of AIS

Reply #162572 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

and Larry Bird could not handle life in college at Indiana. Horses for courses.

Reply #162575 | Report this post

sdf  
Years ago

AIS is not for everyone. As for giving Dods shit for the decisions in his life, please don't comment until you know a bit more about his own life

Reply #162581 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Crap Crap and Crappier...Who the hell walks around in a top with their own name on the back of it, should be dropped form all sporting and public arena's just for being a wanker and doing that!!!

Shit player, couldnt grab a rebound over guys half his size last night, and his shot was a complete fluke, get rid of him.

Reply #162588 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Gee Skud, glad you weren't around for Bradtke, Wheeler and Rogers' first games.

Reply #162591 | Report this post

36er fan  
Years ago

Go Jordy Go! Show these judgemental people who think they know it all and if fact know nothing of importance. Go Erik too!

Reply #162613 | Report this post

are you comparing Dodman to Mark Bradtke, kent brockman??????

wow

Reply #162616 | Report this post

LN  
Years ago

Or are you comparing him to Larry Bird?

Reply #162621 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

He has no mean streak, once he gets pissed off for once then he may be a bit more than a good ABL player. Till then he is just gona be the big guy the could

Reply #162625 | Report this post

No offense to Dodman, but he shouldn't be playing NBL. He is an average ABL player at best. There is a couple of other young bigs at the acadamy that are better than him.

On other sixers topics -

1. Sign Ballinger to a lifetime contract, now.

and

2. Smyth to go at the end of the season with Breheny to go with him. Scott Ninnis to take over as head coach.

This is what the sixers need to do.

Just my opinion

Reply #162638 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Who the hell walks around in a top with their own name on the back of it
Ooh, I know this one: Brett Maher?

Reply #162640 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I thought it was not a bad start for the guy. What is he, 19? He also has one hell of a frame on him. Reminds me of Chris Blakemore. And for his size, he does have some athleticism. I am looking forward to seeing a bit more of him.

Reply #162652 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

ELG
I have mentioned this before. I have been in the position to see those three i named plus more play their first NBL moments.

Jordy shows as much potential as any one of those at the same age.

Bradtke could hardly catch the ball and used to actually get booed quite a lot by the Apollo fans when he would get subbed in. In fact many a fan thought he was quite useless.

Rogers was only good for turn around baseline jump shots that rarely went in, in limited minutes here originally.

Wheels was all arms legs and adrenalin which made for some interesting garbage time minutes.

Big guys need opportunities and time to mature.

Reply #162654 | Report this post

brock  
Years ago

Reply #162661 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

How can you guys be tearing shreds of The GOAT? He came in took 2 really good charges, grabbed to rebounds, scored on that nice baseline jumper and even got an assist.

What more do you want him to do?

Reply #162678 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Well said , Kent Brockman

Reply #162687 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

Man I am not sure what some of you guys expected from him, but I thought he did very well under the circumstances....

ShaneD

Reply #162706 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Still pretty young and the nerves from the crowd wouldn't have helped. Surprised at the criticism of him.

Reply #162713 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Seriously guys you can't expect him to come and play like Jawai!!!
Although it is quite amusing that we are calling it Game 1 for him when he has been in the team for now his second year, I guess that goes to show the level of development Phil is providing for the young guys.

Reply #162717 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Interesting to see Donaldson got minutes also

Reply #162728 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Dodman shouldnt be a sixer.?

Reply #162791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #162792 | Report this post

Rhythm Willie  
Years ago

Anstey was completely useless bench warmer when he came on the scene with the Tigers.

Dodman (as any player) can get there with hard work and the right guidence.

Reply #162819 | Report this post

Robbo  
Years ago

Fair go guys... i thought they young guns held their own. Did you expect them to score another 30 in junk time - be realistic.

Anyone have the final 5's NBL career minutes handy... would be FA, IMO.

Reply #162823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dodman SHOULD BE A SIXER!!!!!!

GO JORDY!!

Reply #162891 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:33 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754