SVD
Years ago

Where Are They Now: Jerry Dennard?

Can anyone shed some light on what Jerry Dennard is doing with life after basketball.

I had a search around the net but couldn't find much about him.

He was a cult hero in Adelaide in the seasons he played here and would be keen to know what he is up to.

Topic #14218 | Report this topic

bozza  
Years ago

Isn't he still the Stadium Manager at Elizabeth?

Reply #166775 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Hanging out with some bloke called John S M Y T H, last time I heard.

Reply #166776 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Last I heard he was a hospital orderly at the Modbury hospital.

Reply #166785 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

still remember the days at apollo with people holding the Jerry for PM banners

Reply #166787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Jerry in action 1993

Reply #166803 | Report this post

Orange Squeezer  
Years ago

Saw him at TTP b4 xmas when out there for work... Nothing has changed about him. Infact he had a dart in his hand, and finished it outside b4 entering!!!

Reply #166853 | Report this post

where's Dean Uthoff

Reply #167003 | Report this post

Ashlee Dennard  
Years ago

hey all, for those wondering where my father is he is currently residing in Adelaide still! After playing with the Sixer's he went on to coach the southern suns and then onto small basketball teams up near Gawler! He would love to hear that people are still asking about him! It's good to know people are still looking for him!
Thankyou
Regards Ashlee Dennard

Reply #219102 | Report this post

Ellopoppet  
Years ago

Where did this Jerry Dennard play early college ball?

Reply #226701 | Report this post

Steph  
Years ago

Reply #230195 | Report this post

Tom Ray  
Years ago

He played for the University of Iowa, in the U.S., where he may still hold a rebound record.

Ashlee, I'm your cousin Tom from the U.S. I was born Thomas Dennard, the son of your grandfather's oldest brother Jack (your grandfather was also named Jerry, so we called your dad "Kenny" when he was young). My father died before I was three, and I was given my stepfather's last name, but I am a Dennard nevertheless.

You might know that your grandfather was also a superb basketball player. He was my favorite uncle (only about 10 years older than I)and his bedroom was filled with high school trophies. He joined the U.S. Navy when he was 17 (which is why I also later served in the Navy)and played throughout his military career, too.

I haven't seen your dad since he was a youngster, but he will know who I am. Love to hear from you all.

Tom

Reply #231550 | Report this post

Junior Stockton  
Years ago

Ashlee, I'm your dad's cousin on your grandmother Ann's side. My mother Nancy and Ann were sisters and singing partners and actually quite talented at it. Jerry and I played together a lot as children (when he was called Kenny.) He was the good boy--I was the bad influence. I miss him very much and would like to hear from him. We are trying to find any way to contact him. He, Daniel McCall, and I are the oldest three males on his mother's side of the family. Give him my love.
-Cousin Junior

Reply #235985 | Report this post

Junior Stockton  
Years ago

I messed up...it is David, not Daniel.

Reply #235986 | Report this post

Tom Ray  
Years ago

Ashlee,

If you check back in here, try this link:

http://www.lostlettermen.com/basketball/Big+10/Iowa/p994

There are plenty of people in the U.S. who wonder where their college stars of years ago went.

Best,

Tom

Reply #238840 | Report this post

Ashlee  
Years ago

Hey everyone,
Wow i didn't know about you guys dad doesn't really talk about the past. I will def let him know about this, i just found out last night that he will be playing in the World Master Games in Sydney in October. I will ring him tonight and tell him that you all send your love, thankyou so much for this, it really means alot to him and to myself to hear from you all!
Hopefully one day i can come see you all and have a beer and a BBQ! of course Jerry will come too!
Cheers
Ashlee Dennard
If you have facebook look me up! Dad is on their too!

Reply #239369 | Report this post

Tom Ray  
Years ago

Hi Ashlee,

I finally got around to creating a Facebook page, and now I can't find yours. Did find your Dad's, though, and sent a friend request.

Best,

Tom

Reply #247969 | Report this post

Ashlee  
Years ago

For those wanting to know, Jerry Dennard is actually playing ball again....... hes currently in the Sydney Masters playing over 50's...... doing well so far winning their first game but loosing to the American team :P......
Look out for him...
Cheers,
Ashlee

Reply #252829 | Report this post

unknow  
Years ago

for all that want to know he works with me at the solar shop

Reply #294306 | Report this post

Josh  
Years ago

I remember when jerry was the starting big man for the tassie devils in the late 80's

Reply #443900 | Report this post

Srpigg  
Years ago

He also played at Merced CA. Jc. Saw him play there with Alvin Battle.Early 80s

Reply #653067 | Report this post

Srpigg  
Years ago

He also played at Merced CA. Jc. Saw him play there with Alvin Battle.Early 80s

Reply #653202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hi Ashlee. I live in Hobart (same house) & was your daycarer for about a year or so when you were a baby. You shared same birthday as my younger son.
Your Dad was playing for Hobart Devils then.
I remember you & your parents with fondNess.

Ann.

Reply #745014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's still kicking and if memory serves me right just turned 60? Still in SA I believe.

Reply #745018 | Report this post

Jon  
Years ago

I remember Jerry as a brilliant player for the Hobart Devils and a crowd favourite in the 80s. The Devils are set to return to the NBL next year - Maybe we can lure Jerry out of retirement?

Reply #799523 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

I've spoken to him recently...Top Bloke and very humble and still in SA

Reply #813567 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:47 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754