123abc
Years ago

Maher News

Brett Maher will be out for the next two weeks, shown on Channel 10 News.

Very dissapointing, a setback for the Sixers after such a good game against the Kings.

Topic #14222 | Report this topic

twenty four  
Years ago

Damn, but I reckon it'll be managed well by Smy...oh wait. Never mind....

Reply #166808 | Report this post

BanDDFan  
Years ago

Don't worry, Ng will step up!

Reply #166903 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Could well do - he has a good record against Perth to the point that Wildcats fans fear him specifically. And as much as Perth now have the benefit of having seen Hodge play, Hodge will have worked out what works against them too.

Reply #166908 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Ng does step up. (Ch.7 said Maher one week).
Davo said he gets a bit tired without Brett, but Hodge will help.

Reply #166915 | Report this post

skink  
Years ago

sutton might get some minutes back maybe?

Reply #166918 | Report this post

Robbo  
Years ago

Skink, i think you meant Sutton might get some minutes...?

Reply #166924 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

I am sure all avenues have been investigated in relation to Brett's ongoing calf problems/strains . Strengthening the core , lower back , glutes and hamstrings . Orthotics and body alignment , acupuncture , massage , running technique ( a hard one to change ) etc .

Something that is occasionally overlooked is the importance and especially in ageing athletes of supplementation .

I suggest Magnesium balanced with Calcium and Zinc - taken morning and night on top of a good daily multi vitamin and mineral to be taken at lunch and
L-Glutamine - 5g x 3 times daily .
Also potassium levels should be considered important to prevent cramping if that is a problem .

If very fatigued with sore muscles i have found 5g of L-Glutamine with a berocca in very cold water works wonders as an instant revitalizer for energy and vitality .

Obviously supplement levels should to be monitored or advised upon by qualified professional .

Reply #166926 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

Heard on the radio this morning that the injury has turned out to be not as bad as first thought, Maher will only miss one GAME and he'd be back for Friday's game.

Reply #166971 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:01 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754