Anonymous
Years ago

Is Ng a chance to win most improved player?

We all know how well he's been playing of late, and seems to step up when Maher is out.

The NBL website currently has a poll on who is the most improved player this season and Ng is winning the poll.

Surely this means he must be a chance to win it!?! If not, who will win?

Topic #14372 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

sure does mean he has a chance of winning it and lets get rite behind him.

Reply #169116 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Id like to think so but think Cam Tragardh has it locked down as Ninj has shown he can play at thislevel before where as Tragardh has blown up his averages in points and rebounds.

Reply #169118 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Tragardh will get it. Has had a great season.

Reply #169123 | Report this post

RMM  
Years ago

HAHA Dench has improved but he needs to be in a baseball league where throwing the ball one handed over head doesnt look out of place!!!

Reply #169130 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Ng deserves the award if the league hand it to him. Definitely stepped up when Maher is out. Confidence has improved. He communicates out there, calls plays, asks for screens and shoots the 3 beautifully. Also shown confidence to drive it to the hole. Finally showing some confidence @ NBL level.

Reply #169141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I swear most people that have used this forum over the last couple of weeks, have not even included Ng in the 36ers must-have players for next season!! Now people are saying he should be MIP and must be re-signed ASAP!! Far out guys, Ng should be the first player the 36ers sign (if he decides to play on) - and that's on a long term contract, and I believe he will take over Maher's mantel as the club's franchise player. By the way, I think he is averaging 25 points per game over the last four games, not bad, NOW get a clue people!

Reply #169143 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I agree anon, Ng should definately be retained for next year however Cam Tragardh deserves the MIP.

Cannot believe someone was stupid enough to include Luke Kendall in that poll, he's averaging less points, less rebounds and less assists at a lower FG% than his rookie season! Worthington and Davidson should be in the poll instead.

Reply #169158 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I thought 1-month into the season that the team should keep Darren Ng.

His first big test came was when Brett Maher was out 6 weeks with the first calf injury. He stepped up and did very well.

He's improved all season and definitely a keeper. However I'll also support his decision to walk away due to the medical studies. However I'd prefer he stay on long-term and take over the Brett Maher role.

I'm curious to see how Ng will go against CJ Bruton next week @ home. Last season I always thought Darren was a bit intimitated by him. He's certainly increased confidence levels this season though.

Reply #169213 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

I think he is still to inconsistant to win this, if he starts playing more like he did for the first half against the tigers he would have had it in the bag. Almost needs Maher off the court to really get him to stand up.

Reply #169346 | Report this post

BBALL  
Years ago

No way am Dodman will win it joke
Ng will easy win it there is no one esle that would come close

Reply #169357 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:31 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754