DB5
Years ago

NH - Tait quits cricket!

Adelaide boy Shaun Tait has quit cricket at all levels indefinitely, citing physical and emotional stress...

This has come from way left field...

I am a big fan of the lad, real pity, especially with the talent that has already quit in the last 12 months. Hopefully he comes back.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23127871-23212,00.html

Topic #14421 | Report this topic

thomo  
Years ago

5aa speaking with the saca said its 1 season layoff to get his emotional and physical well being back.

hopefully its only for the 1 season as hes a real talent

Reply #169784 | Report this post

smooth pockets  
Years ago

The Marcus Trescothck of Australia?

I hope not...strange decision. He only had the one shocker in the Perth test, but half of that wasn't his fault. Ponting didn't give hima bowl early enough or when he did get a bowl it wasn't for long enough.

Reply #169785 | Report this post

Maybe because when he bowled he was absolutely woeful?

Reply #169793 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Agreed ELG......Tait is Rubbish

Smooth Pockets.......the bloke cant bowl to save himself

Reply #169796 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

you always have something nice to say don't you eastern lowland gorilla.

Reply #169797 | Report this post

B Fresh  
Years ago

Taits not rubbish, hes just like Brett Lee was in his youth, albeit perhaps more erratic. When Tait is in rhythm there a few scarier bowlers to face in the world and can be a big wicket taker. However its just a shame that at the moment his bad days are so bad that they belong in grade cricket.

Lets hope he comes back refreshed from a break, finds some consistency and maturity, and becomes a force in world cricket. The future of Australian cricket needs him.

Reply #169808 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

he had a great world cup wouldnt u agree?

Reply #169809 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Face him in the nets and you're opinion might change Fezlington

Reply #169812 | Report this post

Reply #169815 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Tait was won of our best bowlers in the world cup. ELG you have no idea

Reply #169818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I watched Tait in Darwin playing for Australia A. Some little kid ran to the other side of the ground to ask Tait for his autograph. Tait told the kid he was too busy (fielding in the outfield) and that the kid would have to wait until there was a break.

Tait made the kid wait 8 overs before he finally came to the fence and signed it after everyone started harrassing him for making the kid wait.

Now the stuck up Tait can't even handle the game that so many have been able to handle before him.

Reply #169820 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Face him in the nets...lol

His bowling is so erratic, he would probably bowl it over the nets

Reply #169824 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

I bet you would be the first to say how good he is if he was a regular test player....typical fickle supporter

Reply #169836 | Report this post

brock  
Years ago

fEZLINGTON YOU CAN PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR A"". He is an absolute talent and part of the reason we won the last world cup - 23 wickets. Can't beat facts champ

Reply #169850 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Fez
Please ask mother to place you on her knee for a spanking on your last dumb comment

Cricket Australia don't give out contracts to just anyone you know

Reply #169855 | Report this post

Sorry, i'm talking about tests, i don't watch one dayers. Wasn't he touted as this guy who was faster than Thommo? And he was only bowling at 145! What would you rather have, Tait bowling his howlers at 145 or Lee bowling on a dime at 145?

Reply #169859 | Report this post

Edinburgh 60  
Years ago

ELG - tait isn't challenging Lee. He's in competition with Mitchell Johnson, Hilfinger, Dorey, Bracken etc.

C'mon mate, admit it. You don't like him because Wilt could only ever bowl at 90mph, not tait's searing 95-100mph thunderbolts.

Reply #169863 | Report this post

brock  
Years ago

So what your saying ELG is based on ONE TEST (1) that he is incapable of playing test cricket. Gee you are a harsh marker champ. Maybe you should ring CA and see if you can become a selector!

Reply #169869 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

sad to see the pressure that is placed on the young players, hope he gets himself well.

A point that is not raised, but IMO is relevant...

does he chuck?

I know its a big call, but these days its not like it used to be so i feel ok in asking... the sling action is fine, Thomo was a perfect example, but...Tait's (to me) looks very questionable, is it part of the issue at hand?

Reply #169894 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

He's a very good one day bowler yes, but no way near ready for test cricket. Maybe he'll get there, maybe he won't. Needs a lot of improvement before he does 'though..

Kriss - wasn't Dan Cullen a Cricket Australia contracted player? Sometimes they do, you know

Reply #169899 | Report this post

So on a bad day he bowls 15k's under his so called fastest bowl, wow I hope he doesn't have too many of those, considering he gets about 1 where he wants it to go every over

And the way Johnson bowled over the summer, there's no way i see Tait cracking the squad for the next 3 years (until Clark goes)

Reply #169900 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

CA must hand out contracts to anyone

I seem to recall Mick Lewis having one......i also think he got belted for 100 odd runs in a One Dayer

I would have Brett Lee, Mitchell Johnson and Stuart Clark ahead of Tait anyday

I even rate Bollinger from NSW more than Tait

No point being a 1 Series wonder....yes he performed in the World Cup, but he is not upto it as a test bowler

Reply #169950 | Report this post

brock  
Years ago

"No point being a 1 Series wonder....yes he performed in the World Cup, but he is not upto it as a test bowler"

Fez you are basically saying the same with regards to bollinger being a better bowler than tait. This is his first decent season.

Some bowlers take time, i.e Johnson who could have been dropped however the selectors are eyieng to the future thus decided to play him in every test. Tait has played only 3 tests and yet you criticise him like no tomorrow.

Finally Shane Warne started in similar fashion, i believe Gavaskar/Shastri hit him all over the park, his bowling average would be greater than at the same stage of Taits test career. Should have they dropped Warne? Oh wait a minute he became the most successful leg spinner of all time!

Reply #170043 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:43 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754