DB5
Years ago

Kobe in 3 point shootout @ All Star Weekend

Kobe Bryant will be contesting this years All Star Weekend 3 point shootout along with reigning champ Jason Kapono, Rip Hamilton, Daniel Gibson, Peja Stojakovic and Steve Nash.

http://www.nba.com/allstar2008/three_point/3ptshootout_080206.html

What is with this? Surely there are better shooters out there in the league than a career 33% shooter from outside who is shooting 35% this year..

What happened to the Craig Hodges and Tim Leglers that sit on the end of the bench but are 40 - 45 % 3 pt shooters?

Topic #14559 | Report this topic

billo  
Years ago

Nah, bring it on I say, no doubt Kobe can stroke it from out there. Should be a great comp this year with a couple of former champs going at it along with Nash and Gibson who are both top 5 in 3 pt% this year.

Reply #171811 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I'd rather see the All-Stars shoot it out at the 3 point comp than benchies that hit a high clip but hardly take a shot in real game situations.

How many of Kobe's 3's are pressured shots in game!

Reply #171814 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Fair call DJ.

I just have a soft spot for the pure shooters, who hardly get game time, but obviously have game (or they would not be in the league). A lot of those "benchies" have outshot the All Stars in the 3 point competition in previous years.

Anyway, still looking forward to it.

Reply #171842 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Fair call DJ.

I just have a soft spot for the pure shooters, who hardly get game time, but obviously have game (or they would not be in the league). A lot of those "benchies" have outshot the All Stars in the 3 point competition in previous years.

Anyway, still looking forward to it.

Reply #171847 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I hope RIP wins this contest. I have a soft spot for him and i think he's an under-rated player.

Reply #171887 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Bryant for 3point.

Reply #171912 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Ur complaining bout Kobe being in the 3pt Comp

Why is RIP Hamilton in there??

Yes he is shooting a great clip from beyond the arc, but....he avgs 2 attempts a game (92 shots in 45 games)

Kobe is 84/238 from 47 games

I think Peja to take it out

Reply #171932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No way Nash all the way!
Be interesting to see if Kobe can even shoot at all while he's not fading away with three hands in his face!

Reply #171946 | Report this post

Zach  
Years ago

Kobe will surely win it his biggest compition is probally stever nash or gibson...

Kobe is doing well this year he could do better but he actually passing the ball and being a team player and giving everybody a chance instead of him taking all the shoots so kobe is money from the 3 so i think kobe is going to win it

Reply #171991 | Report this post

duffdawg  
Years ago

jason kapono will take it out again, video of him on nba.com and youtube, practising for it, only misses one shot, amazing stuff. check it out>>>>

Reply #171994 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Agreed Fez, Rip probably shouldn't be there either. Billups would be a better option (Wallace?).

Kapono for me, although if Kobe revolutionizes the shootout by bringing a defender out on the foor as well, I may just have to agree with him being in it.

Reply #172020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #184358 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:41 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754