Blaze - Crowe, Whitehead
Tigers - Thomas, Lampley
Dragons - Hendrix, Groves
Taipans - Newson, Abney
Slingers - Grizzard, Helms
Breakers - Greene, Alston
Kings - Draper, Victor
Razorbacks - DeVries, Hinson

I don't know about you but I reckon the Sixers have the best import duo in the league. Ballinger is an MVP candidate and Hodge would be had he joined the league earlier. No other team has two imports who are both league MVP calibre IMO. Hodge averages 23 points, 8.5 rebounds and 5.8 assists per game while Ballinger averages 22.2 points and 8 rebounds per game. Do you agree that this is the best import duo in the NBL right now?

Topic #14587 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

Ebi is better than both put together.

Reply #172163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm just going to have to assume you're not serious.

Reply #172164 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Best imports in the league, one of the best Australians in the league, one of best point guards in the league, one of the best defensive player in the league, Pretty close to the best back court in the league and we end up finishing 9th.

Reply #172171 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

KingJames, its called injuries.

Reply #172172 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

King James these two havnt even been together for more then half a season, so I am pretty sure if Hodge was with us at the start of the season we would be in the top6 in my opinion.

Reply #172183 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

yea, i reckon they are the best duo in the league.
Yea if Maher/Davidson hadnt missed games due to injury and Hodge had been here from the start i have no doubt we would be atleast in the 8 probably in the top 6, had Newley stayed we probably could have been as good if not better than teams like Perth and not too far off challenging the tigers, bullets and Kings.
And yes that is with Phi coaching.
Back on topic i think we have the best combo, but i like New Zealands original combo, Turner/Rickert and Brisbane, Melbourne and the Slingers also have great import combos IMO

Reply #172188 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Best duo for sure.

Reply #172193 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Equal with Ere and Dusty. Dusty is still as good as he was with the Sixers, but just doen't need to carry the load every game.

A fit DT and Lampley combination would also be close, but hasn't had a chance to prove it.

Helms and Grizzard on a competent team would also do ok, they have taken a fairly poor team to quite a few wins.

Reply #172197 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

I take my earlier comment back. I support this thread.

Reply #172218 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

If we had had our current side all healthy for the whole season we would be in the top 4. After Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne it is very close and we would have been good enough to beat the rest consistently

Reply #172230 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

After tonights game, yes i do think Hodge and Ballinger are the best import duo in the league right now. Hopefully we can sign both up for next season.

Reply #172231 | Report this post

gardsy  
Years ago

Hodge will not be here next season, yet I would pay to eat those words...I cherish the games I have witnessed in the second half of the season.

The last couple of home games have been worth the price of a season ticket alone....for knowledgeable fans.

-ag

Reply #172236 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

yea i think every fan at tonights game would love to see Hodge back, heres hoping the 6ers atleast do everything possible to get him to come back no matter who coaches.
He has MVP potential and is someone we could build the team around.
Id be offering him a 2 or 3 year deal with as much money and incentives as we can afford and see if we can keep him around.
It amazes me how good he is at everything! and how he with little to no jump shot manages to put up 20-30 points a game and be around the tripple double mark every night!

Reply #172241 | Report this post

gardsy  
Years ago

word jonnon

Reply #172243 | Report this post

gardsy  
Years ago

i mean jonno

Reply #172244 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

+1 to jonno

Reply #172251 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

The club is doing everything they can to keep Hodge. Basically he will play here if he doesn't make the NBA. He won't go to Europe again.

Reply #172252 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I hope you're right Bizzy, and to be honest I think you probably are. I mentioned somewhere else that there must have been a reason he left his Italian club mid season, and he obviously loves playing here, makes sense that he'd want to hang around if he's unable to crack it in the NBA again.

As amazing as he is in this league I can't really see him cracking the NBA with his limited range. His speed and length make him unstoppable in this league, but the NBA is full of fast long guys who also have an outside game (and can go both directions), and it's certainly harder taking it to the rack when you've got Camby, Josh Smith, Duncan and co waiting for you. He does bring a high basketball IQ, good passing and good rebounding to the table, but I just think in the NBA you need to either absolutely amazing at something or be very complete in all areas, and he's not really either of those things.

Fingers crossed he hangs around, I think he's personally responsible for 500+ fans per game.

Reply #172268 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

Out of the import duos who would you think would win a 2 on 2 comp?

Abney + Newson would be tough as both are quick and with huge hops and could play above the rim.

Tez and Hendrix could cover most situations on d and both have range.

Julius and Balls could have the drive and kick game but maybe not the d?

Reply #172274 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

36ers import duo is the best IMO.

Reply #172337 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:44 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754