Chook
Years ago

Dream Team

Terrible round from guards - Joe Ingles, king of the turnovers - went backwards from a reasonable half-time score. He is just not the right guy to carry the ball and distribute - his attacking game has gone to the dogs.

Kavossy Franklin was very average too in terms of point scoring- should have gone for Tragardh!

Actually Hodge probably outscored both of them (4 games in total) in one game!! He was sitting on my bench,

Awful round for this time of year, particulalrly. Ebi was quiet against the Crocs (in the half game they managed to televise! Can you imagine that happening in any other sport - right on tip off I was watching Sammy Mac play against the Tall Blacks), but Homicide was incredible in teh second half.

Anyway out of adjectives to describe this round.

Topic #14603 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

Didn't have time to make changes so running with same as last week, lucky Hodge and Grooves starting both performed well.

Reply #172345 | Report this post

MC's hammertime  
Years ago

I'm pretty certain I'm gonna lose 1st place because I dont have Hodge. bah.

Reply #172386 | Report this post

Chook  
Years ago

Most will have Hodge on the bench I would say, but it is annoying when you don't have a player who is dominating and plays in the the team you support!

Reply #172390 | Report this post

MC's hammertime  
Years ago

Chook - yeh he should be on the bench, but looking at the guy who's in second place, I dont think he has any other decent players with two games.. he wouldve put Ebe and Hodge on..

Hope we dont have to wait hours for this to open.. baaah

Reply #172392 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

The lockout is over!

My score was 546, not an outstanding weekly rank but overall ranking now #555. I also won my league matchup by a mere 4 points, giving me a 12 game winning streak and a two-game buffer over the second-place team, who lost, so I am the League Champion. Not bad for a rookie!

Reply #172403 | Report this post

MC's hammertime  
Years ago

umm..

1. MC's HammerTime 12515
2. Mum's Team Conny 12511

4.. points.. f*ck.

Reply #172405 | Report this post

Chook  
Years ago

You are in the Box seat MC - with the Breakers having 2 games this week and Orien and Penney doing well. Hang in there!

I got 656 I think, and am hanging in 8th place.

I wish this went through the finals actually, but I guess it will be nice to watch some bball without hating someone or other for no really good reason apart from them not being in your team. I sometimes don't like players scoring simply because I didn't make them captain (apologies Ebi). I think its a disease.

Reply #172406 | Report this post

MC's hammertime  
Years ago

Chook: "but I guess it will be nice to watch some bball without hating someone or other for no really good reason apart from them not being in your team."

Haha classic!

I'm exactly the same way, I was hoping Hodge (no offense to the man) would twist his ankle or something lol..

I do find that I watch more games than just my own team tho while playing sportal, which is good coz u get into it a bit more.

Reply #172410 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

730 for me, now 12th

Reply #172493 | Report this post

MC's HammerTime  
Years ago

It's just a game.. but if I finished 2nd or 3rd I'm gonna be seriously cut up.. panic panic panic panic

Reply #172520 | Report this post

Chook  
Years ago

You'll be right MC, just stick to your plan that got you this far.

You have a few of the same issues as me (and I'm sure plenty others) - is Burston/Rogers better in 2 games than Anstey in 1? I have to decide whether Kavossy in 2 is better than Hodge in 1 etc. At least all your guards are playing 2 games.

Hang in there.

Reply #172532 | Report this post

MC's hammertime  
Years ago

Mmm true true - do u have any trades left Chook?

Were you just dropping Burstons name because of other rounds? Coz I didnt think Dragons had two games this round.. If he did, I'd play him over Anstey, He's getting more minute since Heal left & with Hendrix out he's likely to get more again.

Kavossy annoyed me last round, I doubt I'll put him in starting 5

Reply #172585 | Report this post

Chook  
Years ago

yeah Sorry, Dragons only have one, wasn't really referring to this round specifically.

Kavossy and Ingles both annoyed me. Ever since I put Ingles in my team he has struggled - he just throws the ball away so much.

I am banking on Kavossy bouncing back, but that's what I hate about guys who aren't big rebounders but straight out shooters - they can have real shockers and follow them up with more shockers.

Reply #172626 | Report this post

MC's HammerTime  
Years ago

Couldnt agree more regarding Ingles, I was flipping between him and Jacob Holmes.. grrr.. It really annoyed me when I watched him the other week, after almost every bad pass/turnover he'd have a stupid *woops* grin on his face. pathetic.

Reply #172713 | Report this post

Chook  
Years ago

BTW no trades left. The easiest Tuesday/Wednesday of the year without worrying about trading.

Reply #172731 | Report this post

Chook  
Years ago

Lockout in place. Good Luck MC Hammertime, you deserve to win this.

Reply #172929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good luck to u too Chooks.. fingers crossed!

Noticed Kavossy picked up his slack tonight, wishin i put him in startin 5 instead of Green now!

Reply #172979 | Report this post

MC's HammerTime  
Years ago

Last post was me :P
Good luck again Chooks & to every1 else.

Reply #172980 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:02 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754